Video Element/File Upload Element

Does the video element not work?

I noticed a "DIR_LONG" field that is require in the Video Element, which is obviously not the same format as file upload element directory field, as I made both of them the same (file upload and video upload directories) File upload will work with that directory just fine. Adding that same directory to the video directory field makes the video uploader not work. I actually cannot get it to work at all.

I looked in WIKI and surprisingly all elements have documentation but the video element. So I figured I could just use the file upload element but it seems like that field is geared more towards images. I need video field to work. Which it doesn't I need to provide a link to that video for downloading also.

Also file upload field via ajax, using a default template does not work, says my dinosaur browser or whatever, not true as I use newest Firefox and Chrome... So what gives on this?

Check my new form and list out, they are named "Swing Reviews". Again can't seem to get file upload to display videos or links to the video and cannot figure out directory specs for video element which I figure is why it won't work. Ajax is broke on file upload field for me, which is wrong, I have a new browser.

I noticed somewhere in the forum I saw a post saying file upload will work for videos also, but not my end goal. I want videos to show, as we let users upload two videos to be reviewed, we then upload a video reviewing their video, all of the videos need to be displayed in the browser on these swing review pages.

I also need to limit the uploads from this form to two a month starting from the date they uploaded them for each user.

I see you provide a limit plugin, I see I can say 2 is the limit but how could I base it off of the date of the submissions and not off how many actual submissions they have?

Any ideas on that one?

If not we can come back to the limit thing.

Thanks as always,
Nick

So after some testing I realized how many "access points" I have access to to make the file viewable to the user based on id, anyways I had an access level issue. I fixed that, now I see the video in the lists but I get this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/***************/public_html/demo/components/com_fabrik/libs/getid3/getid3/module.audio-video.quicktime.php on line 204

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/**************/public_html/demo/components/com_fabrik/libs/getid3/getid3/module.audio-video.quicktime.php on line 212

I know it is quicktime related obviously, I did upload a quicktime video..

Is the video player element much different than the file upload element?

As far as I know, the video element has not been worked on for a long time. Personally, I never been able to get it working.
If you want to use it to upload/download video file, you can use the fileupload element. If you want to play video, only the youtube element works fine at the moment.

Also My AJAX issue for upload stems from CANVAS.js as follows:

Line 157-159
TypeError: $(...).getContext is not a function

setCtx : function( el ){
this.ctxEl = el;
this.ctx = $(el).getContext('2d');
},

I have the file upload working to play videos really grainy though... I only see it using QuickTime to play videos though. I am wandering if this can be changed to some other free video player like jwplayer or such.

Doesn't YouTube element only allow YouTube videos?

I have regular video files users upload. 10-20 second clips Nothing crazy.

In all honesty I do not think it would take much to update fabrik video element to something as simple as this: http://www.videojs.com/ from what I see I we just need to really update the video.xml and video.php. I think doing something like this makes fabrik look even better. I could do it myself but, I rather just be able to use it.

I am just a user, not a developper for Fabrik. If you really need a new feature for your project, you can always offer to pay to have it done. I regularly ask Rob or Hugh for specific developments (that everybody can use afterwards) I need for my projects. The rates are very reasonable.
And, yes, a working video element would be nice to have.

Also sef slug issue on form and details even with elements view set to public the slug on the url never changes for edit or details, test yourself.

Thanks,
Nick

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back