Visualizations not working

icubed

With the latest update all of my visualizations are not working, i.e I can select the tables etc but when I view the actual visualization, nothing comes up!

Yes I can confirm this one, ths is the result of a slideshow.

This has happened only in the last couple of days.

String could not be parsed as XML
Call stack#FunctionLocation1JSite->dispatch()JROOT/index.php:422JError::raiseError()JROOT/includes/application.php:2083JError::raise()JROOT/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

I don't seem to be able to replicate this. I just tested my slideshow, media, map and fusion chart viz's, and they all seem to render OK.

Felix - is there a site I can look at?

-- hugh

Update

This issue relates more specifically to using the fileupload element in AJAX mode.

For the tests we were only using the slideshow visualisation. The same probably applies to any other visualisation that uses the fileupload as a feed. I need to confirm this though.

The exact scenario only happens when images are set NOT to display in the main list view.

There is however a workaround until the problem is resolved.

1) Change your fileupload to 'Show in List'.
2) Go to your menu link where you display your list and click options.
3) Within options click the 'Select' button next to 'Show in list'.
4) Select all the elements you want to show, (obviously leaving out the fileupload element).

Calendar and Timeline Viz not working

The calendar and timeline viz will not show up, also im not using a fileupload field.

On the calendar viz the only option is to add an event and when that is clicked nothing happens.

I browsed the vis plugin files and being a novice im not sure if the plugin is actullay called, forgive me if im wrong, however I have been testing this plugin for 4 weeks and this is the first time that I have encounted this error.

No you are indeed correct, I got so wrapped up in the Slideshow one I forgot about these ones.

I had working demos of these that were okay a couple of weeks ago and they don't appear to be giving any results now.

So I can confirm it but will need to diagnose over the weekend.

Just moved this thread so it doesn't get lost.

I can confirm the calendar and timeline viz have issues. The calendar is loading up but it doesn't want to do much after that. The timeline one doesn't sem to load up at all.

For the timeline viz, have you filled in the new "Bands" settings for the viz?

It looks like you have to provide at least one Band details. I selected mine as "hours" with a 100% width.

From the look of the look of the JS code, I think Rob may have intended to set up a default one if you don't specify anything, but it isn't quite happening.

-- hugh

For the timeline viz, have you filled in the new "Bands" settings for the viz?

This one confused the hell out of me. In answer to the question, then yes I must have as I had this working..... however there was nothing selected when I checked.

So I can only imagine that it lost it's settings due to sand fleas eating the Internet cables [BOFH]

So this one does appear to work.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what the 'bands' thing is all about, as I never use timelines. But for me, creating a single band of 100% did the trick.

So is this thread done, or do we have remaining issues?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back