What happened?

pot1906dk

I have just upgraded my Fabrik to the latest version using the update function in Joomla.

But after upgrading, all my Fabrik lists in the frontend displays nothing but a white screen.
In the back end I can open the Fabrik control panel, but when I try to open anything, I only get the same white screen or in some cases a completely unformnatted form to edit the item, but without save button or other navigation.

Did you clear Joomla and browser cache after updating?

If this doesn't help you can set Joomla's error reporting to maximum and see if there are some more informations.

I tried this

No, I hadn't tried what you suggest. But now I have, and there is no positive result.
The page that is returned from Joomla/Fabrik seems to be empty. There is no HTML nor any error messages, just a White page with no code at all behind it.

Currently I have Debugging on, so you can see the problem here . www.folkfreak.com where most of the site Works, except if you go to the Calendar menu and select Concert, Festival or Release from that page.

Now I get an error message

Sorry, I missed to set error reporting to max.

After doing so, I get this error message :
Fatal error: Access level to plgFabrik_ElementInternalid::isHidden() must be public (as in class plgFabrik_Element) in /home/dan12724/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/internalid/internalid.php on line 109

However, I have checked the Internal ID plugin, and it is set to public, so this error message seems to be wrong?

Are you sure you updated everything? They should both be protected functions, not public, and in the current internalid.php code, that is at line 88, not 109.

If you are sure you've updated everything Fabrik related from with J!'s extension manager, after doing a purge and discover, best bet is probably grab the zipball from github:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/master.zip

... unzip it locally, and upload EVERYTHING over the top of your existing files on the server. Don't rely on your ftp client's "only upload if newer", make sure you upload in the "always overwrite" mode.

-- hugh

Solved

I'm not really sure what happened. But I am sure that I marked all Fabrik related updates and updated them from inside Joomla, but apparently something went wrong.
After uploading the latest files from Github things are working again. Except that two other extensions are giving error messages, so I might have to reinstall some extensions.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back