What placeholder for display field

Status
Not open for further replies.

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
I want to capture a display field in the template for an email submission form plugin. The eval of the display field is some php which does a db query and displays the result. Upon submit I want to capture that result and insert into the email.

I am able to do this with regular text fields, drop downs and the like, but nothing seems to work for the display element. I have tried {table__elementname}, {elementname}, and the raw variants, no luck.

Is there some other format I need to use for display elements to get them in my email template?

Thanks.

Display elements are really only text shown on the form/details view page. So when the form is submitted there is no corresponding data posted via the form, that that email template can use to replace the display element name's placeholder.

A quick fix would be to replace the display element with a calculation element.

Display elements are really only text shown on the form/details view page. So when the form is submitted there is no corresponding data posted via the form, that that email template can use to replace the display element name's placeholder.

A quick fix would be to replace the display element with a calculation element.

Thanks Rob. A perfect quick fix.
I had added php code to the email template file to do the sql calls to get the info I needed but have now been able to remove these, save a few DB calls, and simplify the template.

As always, quick and easy. Thanks.

Just to expand on Rob's answer, the text you put in the display element is not stored in the underlying table, rather it's stored with the rest of the element parameteres in our #__fabrik_elements table.

So there literally is no 'data' for it, in the sense of submitted form data, or row data in a list.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back