Where is new Alpha User Points plug-in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabrikg09

I just upgraded Fabrik from the GitHub files. I can't seem to find the new Alpha User Points plugin. Is it a form plugin? If so, it doesn't appear in the plugin dropdown. I don't see it in the elements dropdowns, either. I don't see any Fabrik modules or plugs that are not activated.

Thanks!

you will need to discover it it Joomla's extension manager page.
then publish it, and only then will it appear in the form's plugin dropdown list

Thank you! I see that this plug-in is a Form plug, rather than an elements plug. My current project involves a Fabrik form that allows a logged-in user to redeem a user-specified number of points. This form also contains a number of other elements such as fields containing dropdowns where a user spcifies some other things.

I have just tested the plug and it works beautifully with my custom rule in AUP!

I need to figure out how to insert into Custom Points the value a user types into a field in this same form. The rest I have already done.

Thanks again for your assistance!

I was going to install the latest AUP in my J! 2.5 site so I can test this for you, but unfortunately the AUP site is currently down.

Can you bump this in a day or so, when AUP's site is back up?

-- hugh

AUP plug-in for Fabrik form

I've started another thread here on how to address changing the value of an element where a user has typed in a value. Then the AUP plug sends that value to the AUP database table.

The AUP plug-in works fine, and will send data to the specified AUP table, in my case, using a rule that just adds points to a user's total.

My particular usage involves a user "redeeming" points, which means he types in a positive integer, and I want that integer to be changed into a negative value, which is then added to the database table.

No luck thus far, but I am working on it.

New evidence: if I just try entering a negative value in the "Custom Points" box (instead of trying to use the data from one of the form elements), it works! So, the Fabrik plug-in DOES recognize negative integers as valid. But this is of no use to me, as I need to have the user's input to designate the number of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back