Wrong grouping/calculation after update from 3.0.9 to 3.1

The actual rendering is in the default.php in the list template, currently around lines 123 to 127 in the main bootstrap one:

./components/com_fabrik/views/tmpl/bootstrap/default.php

... where it looks to see if the $groupedby key exists in the calculation's grouped data, $cal->grouped.

I think the root of the issue is in the main list model, in the calcGroupBys() method, currently around lines 4742 to 4780, where my comment about this issue starts.

./components/com_fabrik/models/element.php

The calculation code is extensive, and there's a lot more functions involved. But I'm fairly sure the issue is with some of the logic in that calcGroupBys() method, I just can't nail it down.

-- hugh

Ok - I have now paid a total of 60 euro to write a comment here again! Are you ever gonna fix this bug or should i start working in another component and tell the danish comunity that Fabrik is buggy - do not use it ! ??

You can tell the Danish community whatever you want. I've put in over 40 hours on this issue, one way or another, and I still can't find a fix that doesn't break other usage cases. I'm sure you don't believe me, but that's the simple truth. I haven't been sitting on my ass ignoring it, I have four test lists/forms decidated to this issue, which I work on as and when I have time. I have dreams about this issue. I wake up in the middle of the night with possible solutions, and try them out at 4am.

As I said earlier, some problems are just intractable, and I'm not good enough to fix them. I've run in to a fundamental problem with the way we original designed the summing / totalling / grouping when it comes to join elements, which would require rewriting a lot of code. But we simply can't afford to do that, as any large amounts of coding we do from here on out need to be on 4.0, which is a ground up rewrite of Fabrik, rather than spending weeks of coding trying to fix one corner case in 3.1.

I'll be happy to refund your sub out of my own pocket. Mail me, hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com, give me your PayPal address.

-- hugh

No, I'm saying we're essentially rebuilding from scratch. So we're very unlikely to have the same issue. But I can't promise anything. However, 4.0 is a long way off.

I know you are frustrated. So am I. This issue has quite literally reduced me to tears of frustration. It did the first time round, when I ran across it in 3.0 and fixed it for another user, after days of work. And was so sure that fix would solve your problem in 3.1. But it hasn't, and the reasons why are ... well, just too gory to even try and explain. I get a headache trying to explain it to myself.

So I really am at a loss to know what to do.

About the only thing I can think of is to see if we can fix it using a custom template on your site, addressing your very specific issues with that one list, rather than trying to fix all the underlying issues in our code code. But even that is going to take several more hours, and I don't even know if I can do it that way.

-- hugh

But would it in some way, in the template file, be possible to compare the row labels (the name of the person - which is shown correctly) with the calculated outputs and then only show the one calculation that matches the row labels - that would do it for me - I just need to know how to implement that.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back