XML Parse error

remico

I have a "500 - String could not be parsed as XML" error and this is happening because there is a "&" character in a field value.

So the error is occurring because I think the character is not escaped in XML somewhere in the code.

Can you guys take a look at this?

Using the Github version of today!

Regards,

Remco

That's right.
The characters "<" and "&" are strictly illegal in XML.
You can use &amp; instead to use the & character.

Hi pkjoshi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I Know these are forbidden characters in a XML, but this was no issue before! I think there was a recent change in the Fabrik code that is generating this problem.

Any ideas?

Hmmm, I'm not seeing this.

What page(s) are you getting this on?

If you raise the error reporting level in J!'s global settings to maximum, do you get any helpful clues about which XML file?

After the github update, did you discover / install any plugins you didn't previously use?

-- hugh

I'am also getting 'String could not be parsed as XML error 500 on 1 list.'
List has 5 elements (ID, Date, 3 DB Joins) previously had no issues with this, It just stopped working after a github update. I can't find any clues in fabrik debug, J error reporting or server error logs as to whats causing the error.

For Me Hugh, Im just clicking on the menu link that normally takes me to the list... the list doesnt have any pre-filters on it or anything, can ping you on skype if u want to check it out?

Regards

Hi Hugh, I have managed to resolve this by removing the 'Group By' in the list data settings. One of the title labels has an '&' in it so im presuming when I try and group it by this it throws the error (this was a DB join element so was a bit of a pain to track down as I couldnt see the list to look for any problems)...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back