how to hide the filter of databasejoin in a related data

enzo2016

Hi,
when a related data is created, the correspondent list to the top shows the related content of the databasejoin. E.g.: a list with countries and the related data showing the correspondent regions. When you add the region, the correspondent country appears automatically as filter.
Please look at the attached image as reference point. Is possible to hide the red circled part?

Attachments

• example.PNG
    example.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 74
It's an "active" filter which will be removed with "Clear filter".
So I think it makes sense to show it.

There's no individual CSS class for hiding...

It is good when it is composed of a few words, but when the words are a long text into some dozens of rows, I think it is not good to see. I am attaching an example about what I am referring to.

Attachments

• example 2.JPG
    example 2.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 78
You can probably use CSS to limit the size of the field and put a "..." automatically at the end. Or even hide the contents completely and use CSS :before to put a placeholder text in.

Thanks Sophist, both of the solutions should be perfect. A question about the second one: when the contents are completely hidden and the filter is not in the last position like in the attached picture previously, but for example in the second position, does the filter in third position appear in second position or does it remain in the third?

I have no idea. I have not done this myself - just offering suggestions as to how it might be done. Practical application left to you to experiment.

Please could you try to write a sample code for both of the solutions so I can test them?

Last edited:
The only solution found to weaken the graphic effect is to use only 1 column for the filters. When I set only one column, this one is arranged in about a third of the page width... not the 100% of the width as occurring for 5 filters for example or also for 2 or 3 columns only.
Is possible to enlarge the width of one column of filters?

I try to explain better: two or more columns of filters (about until 5 or 6 columns) take the 100% of the page width. Only one column of filters take about 50% of the page width. About 7 or more columns of filters take abput 50% of the page width.
Is possible to enlarge the width of 1 column from about 50% to 100% of width?
Is possible to enlarge the total width taken by 7 or more columns?

Thanks,
Enzo

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back