Search results

1. J

Validate a form data by sending email to the user

I do it the other way around, using the standard Joomla user registration. The default publicly accessible form just allows registration, which verifies an email address and gives a higher level user permission. The user can then log into the actual form for information input. It is described in...
  2. J

Fileupload ajax mode does not taking J! media extension list as allowed type

I suspect you are remembering this: fileupload element Allowed File Types.
  3. J

Creating a list on a view

A few years ago, I had a problem creating lists from views, getting error 1347 “...is not BASE TABLE”. I found a forum post indicating the problem was solved, but giving a work-around in case it reappeared. Applying the work-around solved my problem and I used it several times. Some time later...
  4. J

List element heading label from data

Thanks. That seems straightforward; I already have standard functions for fetching data. I was a bit doubtful about putting a lot of code in a template (I do not really know why), but if you say it is OK then it is OK. Thanks again for your help.
  5. J

I know (I think!) how to select, in the view, the rows and columns to be displayed, controlled by other data that the view can read from the database. Also I can see that I could change the default headings to any fixed values using a custom default_headings.php, but probably not to values that...
  6. J

I could create a custom list template, but I do not think that would help. The problem is that each column contains information related to a particular date, which I want to appear as the column heading. A date is entered (not the date of entry) and is stored in the database when each set of...
  7. J

I am trying to create a list to display a table of data, basing it on an SQL view. There are many data fields, far too many to display in a sensible number of columns, so the view will select a small set, controlled by other data; the list will have as many elements as the view selects. Each...
  8. J

List filters anomaly

I have just realised that there was a error in my previous post, stating that the new modification was in addition to the two proposed earlier. If fact, only one of the earlier modifications is required, so the two modifications that I am now suggesting are, in both...
  9. J

fileupload element Allowed File Types

fileupload element "Document" settings: Allowed File Types: bmp,gif,jpg,jpeg,png,webp,ico,mp3,mp4,odg,odp,ods,odt,pdf,png,ppt,txt,xcf,xls,csv Copied I think from Joomla Media settings. Joomla Media settings; Allowed Extensions...
  10. J

List filters anomaly

And the rest - there was one bad character in some code. The code for showFilters is in: components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.base.php at line 621: $this->showFilters = $model->getShowFilters(); and: components/com_fabrik/models/list.php at line 1183 return (count($filters) > 0 &&...
  11. J

List filters anomaly

Still getting a server error, so now trying part of it. I have realised that there were a few problems with the modifications suggested in my previous reply. When I looked at my system again, in some modes filters were not showing; presumably the checks that I had done earlier were too limited...
  12. J

List filters anomaly

I keep getting a server error when I try to post a reply, so am now trying to send just the first paragraph. I have realised that there were a few problems with the modifications suggested in my previous reply. When I looked at my system again, in some modes filters were not showing; presumably...
  13. J

List filters anomaly

I tried making the change, but it did not help. As it is not a serious problem, I left it for a while, but have now had another look. The code that shows the “Clear filters” button is in both components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/bootstrap/default_buttons.php and...
  14. J

fileupload element filename cleaning

It’s not so difficult when you know where to look! The trouble was caused by my setting Allowed File Types to “*” (a single asterisk). That works for the File Upload dialog, but not for _fileUploadFileTypeOK() which needs every file type in the csv list. Pasting the list from Joomla’s Allowed...
  15. J

Thanks. I will have a dig around.
  16. J

Correct. Changing Check MIME Types makes no difference. I notice that the message is “File type not allowed”, but presume that covers name problems as well; I have tried both .pdf and jpg. I did spend a while looking through the code to try and find where the filename cleaning is done, but...
  17. J

If a file whose name contains non-alphanumeric characters (e.g. space or %) is selected, its name is shown as is with no changes, even though Clean Filename is set to Yes. On saving the message, “File type not allowed” is shown below the element name, the filename is replaced by “No file...
  18. J

fileupload element Allowed File Types

In the fileupload element, “Details | Options | Allowed File Types” has the tip: Leave blank for Joomla's Media Manager default file types, otherwise provide a comma separated list - e.g. jpg,gif. This field is used to validate the files after upload and if you are NOT using device capture also...
  19. J

List pagination controls colours

That looks a useful reference. Thanks. That seems a good solution – now that it will not come back. Thanks.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back