Annoying new behavior in admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfquestiaux

After recent GitHub updates (this week's), when you open a list, a form or a group to edit it, it loads then instead of staying align to the top of the window, it "jumps" down, so you have to scroll back each time to the top of the page so you can access the links to the other parts of the form.

I made a screencast to show this: http://screencast.com/t/KK8YGKmVSnIL

It affects only the lists, forms and groups. Elements and visualizations are still fine.

By the way, the "old" behavior (opening at the top of page) is what I'd like to have for the multipage forms in frontend where you have also this "jump" to the middle.

this is a joomla thing :( I agree its not really working too well!) I've even seen it where you can't scroll up again so you are stuck at the bottom of the page.
I asked some Joomla ppl but the only way to turn it off its to edit the joomla admin template to remove the'affix' code

OK, even I am a little surprised by this since I have not updated Joomla since latest version on August 2nd and I noticed this behavior since a few days, and not on every screen (only the three reported ones: list, form and groups).

Can you still see it?
I think I've seen this, too but now I can't replicate it (Chrome + FF).

Well, it's gone now. Strange thing is that I don't think I change anything anywhere. Maybe some deep cache issue in the browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back