[bug] PDF render doesn't support certain character subsets

batonac

I've been getting some strange results when rendering my lists and views to PDF with Fabrik. For example, entering '5??' into a field produces '5????' in the PDF download. I've tried editing the dompdf settings and even changed backends, but to no avail. Is this a bug or is the system inherently restricted to a small subset of UTF-8 characters?

Sorry I spent a while looking at this and I'm unsure of the solution as well. Its a dompdf thing but I really don't know what we would need to do to - I've tried a load of various encodings etc, but i can't get it to render the 'th' correctly

Ha, finaly one case where English people a struggeling with character sets;)
Strange
I've tested with: ?? ?????? 5??
It's working in Fabrik3.0 if Arial fonts are included in dompdf and custom css is forcing dompdf to use Arial.

In 3.1 the Arial fonts are missing,
PDF is showing ?? ?????? 5????
(whereas in 3.0 without Arial PDF is ?? ?????? 5??)

If using the Fabrik3.0 dompdf folder in 3.1 PDF is creating ?? ?????? 5????
So why does exactly the same dompdf folder (from 3.0) create different characters? Some setting in the document header?
It seems it's "knowing" ? 5?? but using a wrong character set.

After adding the Arial fonts manually +modifying dompdf_font_family_cache.dist.php in 3.1 (as I've done in Fabrik3.0) dompdf is throwing "0 Frame not found in cellmap " (same if putting the 3.0 dompdf/lib/fonts folder in 3.1)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back