Columns added to tables via php my admin do not show up in any new list you create or old ones.

Here is a link to a screencast of the issue.
http://screencast.com/t/SvCXaLT3di
new column never shows up in the dropdown
I cleared cache as well.
Is there something I am missing?
I have used this table before updating it in other lists, does it cache the old connection to that table somewhere else?

I am using the videos table in another list before this update to the DB. I tried creating two lists should it not update the pulling of the table on every list creation? Or does it somehow store the table info the first time you make a list from a table?

I am not using this in two DB . It is only in one DB

Did you add the new column via phpMyAdmin?
I think you'll need to add a fabrik element, too.

So here lies the issue.

I added a few columns to a table that already exists via PHP Myadmin. All is well in there.

I then went and made a list to that table and those new columns do not show up. What seems to be happening is any tables updated outside of fabrik when making a list or form or pre-query the columsn do not exist.

You can refer to the site and see my two "table tests" lists. I added three columns to swh28_content I can access them with hand coded PHP but not with fabrik. I reset connections . Meaning I trashed the site connection hoping it would pick up the new columns. But nothing. Is something caching the old tables and reusing them instead of updating correctly? Not everyone will add new columns to tables via fabrik.

When we copy lists or create new ones, we check to see if there is existing groups that point to that list. If there is the we presume that the list is managed by fabrik and we copy those elements into the new list.
Really if you are managing an app with Fabrik then its best to use Fabrik to create the fields. Or alternatively use phpmyadmin to initially create the db structure, and then use Fabrik when you need to edit it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back