Create Elements Fatal Error

aud2093

Hey Y'All,

I've just installed Fabrik in a Joomla! 1.0.10 website implementation. I'm trying to go through the Job Application tutorial. I've defined and published the four new groups, and I've navigated to the Elements page.

When I select the jobTypes group from the Groups dropdown list and click the "Add" button on the elements screen, I get two errors in infinite succession. I have to kill the browser (IE6) via win task manager to exit. Here's what the error alerts display:

The first error reads:

ERROR [createSelect]
Can't find the requested dropdown definition

Then when I click the ok button, this error is displayed:

FIXME: Unknown toolbar item: function(){
var __method = this, args = $A(arguments), object = args.shift();
return function() {
return __method.apply(object, args.concat($A(arguments)));
}
}

When I click the okay button on this error, the first error is displayed again. Rinse and repeat...

Any ideas? Only the groups dropdown list is populated, have I missed a step in the tutorial or in the installation process? I've upgraded from Fabrik 1.0 to 1.0.1, installed the mambots, and requested the sample data after installation (can't see that anything was installed, though).

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Oh, here's the vitals on the server:

Database Version: 4.1.20-log
PHP Version: 4.3.9
Web Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
WebServer to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.10 Stable [ Sundown ] 26 June 2006 00:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Dude, you're awesome like a big ol' possum! I had upgraded from 1.0.10 to 1.0.12 last night after my post, but still had the same error. I checked out the forum posts you suggested, and setting the Admin editor to "No WYSIWYG Editor" did the trick. Thank you!

Back