Creating a List copy...

I created a list in Joomla 3.2 / Fabrik 3.1rc2, I added a pre-filter to it to restrict what records could be seen by the logged in user... Each user would only see their records they created... this works great... but I would like to use the same list format and list all users records created with out the pre-filter. How is this accomplished?

You don't need a list copy.
You can create a fabrik menu list item and define a prefilter in the menu settings, so overriding the one of the list settings.

Make sure to have the most restrictive prefilter set in list settings because menu prefilters can be bypassed by URL editing.

Okay I got it to work but there is a problem.. if I am logged on as user that should not have access to the list with no filters they get an error message that they are not authorized but yet the record is still displayed... Did I miss a setting somewhere? I used the menu url for the higher level user to view it.... List_restriction_shows_error_but_still_shows_list.png

Attachments

• List_restriction_shows_error_but_still_shows_list.png
    List_restriction_shows_error_but_still_shows_list.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 322
Hmm that text in the error message is not part of Fabrik. I can't even find the text in a standard Joomla install.
Can you think of anything else in your install that might be generating it?

Well I found the error... I had a redirect plugin in the form that used a form that had a different access level assigned... corrected the link and it worked without the error displayed...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back