Dabasejoin element in Joomla 3.2 and Fabrik 3.1rc2

Hey Hugh / Rob (Et al),
I created form/table with a group with a Supervisor's Name and a repeating group of Employees names assigned to that supervisor.
Each Supervisor Group record has 1 - 8 repeating Employee Group records with the employees that are a direct report to the Supervisor.

I just want to list the Employees to the Supervisor can select the employee name in a dropdown in the databasejoin element.

Manager Table lists Manager and their direct reports with other employee information
Using a Manager entry form to create Manager information in one group of the form and then the direct report (employee) information in a repeating group in same form . This table is created by an HR Manager.

I then would like to create another form that a Manager will use which will have databasejoin element which will have a drop down to select the employee they want to enter information on the form for the selected employee... this table will have Manager Name that will match the {$my->name} of the logged in manager.

Record_Layout.png

So the Drop down select element would be listing the Direct Report (full name:) for the manager to select in their form. Matching trec_manager_name with the Jos User Name of logged in Manager listing all of their direct reports.
Thanks

So I am guessing that I would use some Where Sql selection code in the databasejoin element
Yes a subquery should do it, something along the lines of this:

Code:
where employee_id IN (select id from employees where parent_id = '{$my->id}')

you many need to alter the field/table names to match your exact set up.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back