Edit & Delete buttons missing from list view after 3.1rc1 upgrade

The title explains it. I have a listing of items where there used to be an Edit and a Delete button. Those are both missing. This happens in multiple lists in different databases. When I view the list (in the backend) the edit and delete buttons appear for a brief second, then are gone. I think it has something to do with the Links pane in the Edit Lists admin screen. There are two fields for "Render Buttons As" so they're probably conflicting with each other.

I edit my lists all day as part of my job, so this is kind of a showstopper for me :)

Thanks for your help.

There are two fields for "Render Buttons As"
Sounds very strange, I can't see this or a problem with edit/delete buttons.
Did you clear all Joomla and browser cache?

I've done all the cache removal/clearing/etc steps and I tried this in multiple browsers with the same result. I've also tried it on many different Fabrik Lists in different sites that all have different CSS sheets. All these sites were recently upgraded to Fabrik 3.1rc1. Here's a screenshot of the links pane where you can see "render buttons as" at the top and the bottom of the pane. When I view the list in the backend, I see the edit/delete buttons there for less than a second, then they're gone. It's like there's a css rule that's making them go away.
links.png

If you look at the following page source, you can see the <div style="display:none"> </div>. That is where the edit/delete buttons should be. But I can't figure out where that css rule is coming from.

display_none.png

So you are running Fabrik3.1 on Joomla2.5 (please mention this in your threads, because this is special).
There are several issues with this combination.

As a workaround you can set "Render buttons" to floating which should show you a popup with the buttons if selecting the checkbox.

Sorry, due to the complexity of our 9 sites, we won't be upgrading Joomla until 3.5 is out next year. I should have said that.

And you're right, I hadn't tried the floating option before. In fact, I didn't know that the popup was supposed to appear after you checked the box! It works as it should and that solves the issue. Thanks for taking the time to look at this. You guys are great.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back