Error on edit for list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Created a list menu link to a list... the list displays but does not show values in the list even though I have some elements selected to show in list... I click the edit button and it brings up a record and displays it in the form as expected but if I make changes in the field and hit the save button... I get this error

Error

SQL=UPDATE `toray_appraisal` SET `trec_manager_evaluator`='Manager 1',`trec_direct_report_name`='test 2 ',`tr_ti_value`='',`trec_ti_comment`='test' WHERE
This error will show no matter if I hit delete button or apply button... Did I set something up wrong?

Joomla 3.2 , Fabrik3.1RC2

Got that error when I tried to use apply button after an edit on a record from the list...
There is only one record in the list and it does not show any identifying information in the list...

On a first guess:
is the list's PK element (usually id) set in list settings, published, public form view access?

Wow... I looked at the Elements in the form and there is no PK showing... not sure how that happened..
Do I have to rebuild the form? to get a PK assigned to this form?

The element listing isn't showing a label "PK" but usually (at least if it's a fabrik generated list/table) there should be an element "id" with plugin "internalid". If you've linked a fabrik list to an existing DB table the element may have another name. This element should be set as Primary Key in the list's "Data" settings.
Maybe you have deleted it accidently, have a look if it's in the trash.

If it is really missing:
in your list's "Advanced" section set "Alter field types"=no
create new element with exactly the name of your PK column of the DB table
in your list's "Data" section select this element as "Primary key"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back