Fabrik too slow - too many records ?

therad78

Hi all,

I have a big problem with Fabrik and my tables/lists.
Today, I have about 3500 records with 79 element per records in a list and to display it, Fabrik (or Joomla, or Apache ?) takes a very long time to display the 100 first records, without filters, and Joins, addins, etc ...

I would like to know if there is a solution to optimise fabrik lists which have a lot of records. Is there some parameters to disable or something like that ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Usually with Fabrik it is not so much the amount of records (you can handle tens of thousands) that is a cause for slow display but the amopunt of elements: above 50 elements per records, performances drop significatively.
Yous should see whether you can split your data into seperate forms to have less elements per records.

Is it better to have 1 table with many elements, or many tables with less elements, in the same form . What is faster. Less joins? Or more?

You can "separate" list and form (I assume you don't display 79 elements in your list view):

Copy your list (this will create a new set list/form/groups/elements)
Now you can unpublish all (new) elements you don't need in the (new) list view,
in (new) list setting set a custom edit + add link to the original form,
add a redirect plugin to the original form redirecting to the (new) list

I have tried this solution. It takes less time but when I have 8 lists, In fact, I will have 16 lists.

Is there another solution ? If not, I will work with that

thanks a lot

I tried it but didn t understand the part ...{in (new) list setting set a custom edit + add link to the original form,
add a redirect plugin to the original form redirecting to the (new) list}
I saw the redirect plugin but how can I set a custom edit + add link to the original form?
You mean create an element in the original form?
Please give me some guidness here.

It takes less time but when I have 8 lists, In fact, I will have 16 lists.
This should be no problem (I've done this with a lot of copies to handle different languages all working on the same "big" underlying database table).
in (new) list setting set a custom edit + add link to the original form,
add a redirect plugin to the original form redirecting to the (new) list
Assuming your originals have listID=1 and formID=1, the copied ones (where you have reduced elements) ID2

Edit list2, in the "links" group set
Custom edit URL and custom add URL
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=1&listid=1&Itemid=XX
and
Custom details URL
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=1&listid=1&Itemid=XX

Edit form1
add redirect plugin
set Jump URL to
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=2&Itemid=XX

set the menu item to call list2

&Itemid=XX: XX is the ID of your menu item

So list display is done with the "small" list, form display with the original.

An other possibility in Fabrik3 (without copying the original list):
edit all elements you don't need in list view, in "List view settings" set "include in list query" =no

In any case make sure you have the primary key with an index.

I m really sorry but maybe I didn t explain what I want. I believe it s something you all did but I can t understand how to do it.
I understood that creating many lists will make things load faster and they are.
1200 entries are now loading in 2 sec. Before they were loading in 40sec.
The problem now with these list is the connection. What I nees is the element name in every list, should be linked to the item, not the list.
So if i click on the name George from list 2 (which is a database join from list 1) I want to redirect to the item (inside) of list 1. Not to the list 1 with all items. I hope I explained well enough now. Thanks

Yes, this is what the custom edit/view/add URL in your list2 settings does:
If you click edit, view, add or any element set to "link to details" (as I assume is your name George) in your list2 view it's opening the form/details view of form1

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back