feature request: order of elements in list

skyrun

this is something that is true on all versions of fabrik i think, so it's an enhancement requested for v3.1 (and 3?)

the order of columns displayed on a list is (i think) determined by the order of the groups on the form, then by the order of the element on the list of elements WITHIN the groups.

i can see that making sense on a form there the groups group the form data... but on the list, shouldn't the order of the columns be determined by the order of the elements no matter which group the element is in?

I think you can do this with a custom template for the mean-time, in default.php :

PHP:
$this->headings = array('table___element1', 'table___element2');

so would i just add it with all elements hard-coded on the custom tmpl. not elegant but a workaround. would be nice in the future to be able to select if element ordering or group ordering take precedence on the list (for backward compatibility).

for the work-around, would the 'default.php' you refer to be the one in components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/default (if i were modifying the base tmpl vs. copying to create a custom one)?

if so, not seeing a line similar to this in there... so where would i put this line?

Yes that would be the file, best to put it at the beginning of the file.

The default value for $this->headings is set in the view, editing it here overrides it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back