fileupload and file size 0

TheGr8

First of all let me thank everybody working on such a powerful solution. I am finally trying to set up my first project using Fabrik 3 and Joomla 2.5 and seeing some problems with fileupload plug-in and wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue.
I have a simple data table (no relationships with any other tables) called "jobs" and I am trying to set it up so that users can upload a single image for each job. I included an element of type uploadfile with crop option.
It always works perfectly with the first image - image gets cropped / resized and uploaded just fine. If I try to replace the image with something else - click on the checkmark icon next to the file and upload a new one it always gets uploaded with zero byte size.

Here's what I see in logs:

[24-Jul-2012 22:27:48] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/myhost/public_html/_mydomain.com/libraries/joomla/database/database.php on line 1315
[24-Jul-2012 22:28:10] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/myhost/public_html/_mydomain.com/plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/fileupload.php on line 795

and then 2nd error repeats on other lines.

Does anybody have any pointers for me on how to troubleshoot this?

Thank you!

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 466
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 435
Thank you for your immediate reply, felixkat. I will have to use it without the crop then, at least for now. Once I am ready for public release I will re-evaluate and possibly pay to get this fixed. I was more concerned about getting this reported so that you guys are aware of it but it looks like you got it under control.
Another unrelated question - I don't neccessarily need the image file itself, I just need its base64 MIME encoded version (string). I was going to utilize my form's onBeforeStore trigger to write a couple of lines PHP script to get the image file contents base64 encoded and update another table element with it. Is this the right approach to do this?

Thanks again!

I don't expect it will be too long before this is fixed but it is tagged to happen after the official 3.0.6 release. So I would think a couple of weeks at least. Thanks for reporting though.

Yes I would think the OnBeforeStore would be the best approach. I'm sure you'll find some simliar examples of scripts should you need them on the forums.

Just create a new post if you have any issues. :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back