Fileupload element notempty validation problem

ijon

Hello,

I've got a problem with fileupload element notempty validation. I do not use ajax validation. No matter if file is attached or not notempty validation return false and do not allow user to go further and complete the form. Filling ?Allowed File Types? (fileupload element settings) with some values does not change anything. I've tried with multiple extension types (pdf, jpg, odt).

You can check it live here: lexperts.aorta.net.pl/kariera/aplikuj

I use Joomla 2.5.14 and Fabrik 3.1rc2 (not from Github)

Thanks in advance

P.S. If admin could relocate this thread to standard support board it would be great. I've just purchased standard support subscription but still cannot post threads there...

Hi again,

If someone could answer my question I would be extremely happy :)

I still can't post in standard support forum board. If someone could fix that and relocate this topic it would be great.

Come on people... I've posted this question 7 days ago. I've purchased standard support subscription so I guess it should take only 3 days to get answer from you...

Hi - Sorry about the delay in replying
Im not sure why you are unable to post, for me your account is set up fine.
I logged in with the user 'ijon' (using my master password) and as you can see from the post above I could reply in this topic, have you tried logging out and in again?
To answer your question, try setting the fileupload element to be an ajax upload.
In its current state the validation fails as the form is not yet submitted (so no selected file has yet been posted to the server) when paging between the form's pages.
If you set it to be an ajax upload then this will allow the user to upload the file before proceeding to the next page.

Ok - now I can post here (don't know what was causing this issue).

Thanks for Your reply Rob. Ajax validation works for me. But I've got one more questions. If You could help it would be great:

Is there a way to set the file to load immediately after clicking "add files" and selecting file to load ? Now I have to click another button "Start upload" and I want just one file to be uploaded (user CV) so it would be more clear for end user to just select file and upload it immediately... One more thing - there is "Max files" in "Ajax uploads" fileupload element administration. I set it to "1" but I still can select more then one file (when filling form in frontend)...

Edit - well - it seems that it does not work:

Ok, after some testing I get an error...

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character (in firefox)
SyntaxError: Unexpected token < (in chrome)

...when trying to send a form. I can go to next page (and then next one too - form has 3 pages) but on the last page I can't send it. When I click the button "send" ("wyslij" - right botton corner) I get this error. When I remove (unpublish) fileupload element or disable ajax upload there is no error...

You can check it live here: lexperts.aorta.net.pl/kariera/aplikuj

Hi
Glad to see you can now post

Is there a way to set the file to load immediately after clicking "add files" and selecting file to load ?
I can't remember when we did this but the file will upload when you submit the form, even if you haven't pressed the 'start upload' button, otherwise at the moment there's no other way to do it.

Ok, after some testing I get an error...
Could you fill in the site ftp details and admin login in http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites/ I too can see the error, but I would need to debug the site's code to work out what is causing it

thanks
Rob

Hello,

Ok, I've just filled my site details in (admin login, ftp and mysql).

I can't remember when we did this but the file will upload when you submit the form, even if you haven't pressed the 'start upload' button, otherwise at the moment there's no other way to do it.
Is there some way to show user that the file has been loaded ? Now if I click "next" button to fast notempty validation returns an error - I guess this is because the file isn't loaded yet ...

My site was developed localhost and then installed (using Akeeba) on "live" server. After this installation (on "live" server) every element and every form is "doubled" in administrator view. Doubled elements has got same id and if you edit one of it the other one is also changing. I was going to solve it later, but if you'll be checking my site it would be great if you could help me with this too.

Off course most important thing is to deal with this error with fileupload described in previous post.

Any update on this? I have a notempty validation with AJAX upload and the validation always fails even if there is a file uploaded.
This is on a multi page form with GitHub 445.

I'd really like to be able to check if a file has been uploaded or not.

another friendly bump :)

My client is waiting and his patient is going to end soon... so please help as soon as possible...

hi
I'm logging on to your site to look now, I'll keep you posted here in the thread
-ROb

Thanks Rob ! It works for me now, and it makes me extremely happy :)

What about my second problem, I've described in one of the previous posts ?

My site was developed localhost and then installed (using Akeeba) on "live" server. After this installation (on "live" server) every element and every form is "doubled" in administrator view. Doubled elements has got same id and if you edit one of it the other one is also changing. I was going to solve it later, but if you'll be checking my site it would be great if you could help me with this too.

Could You help with that too ?

Im not sure how this has happened but you have 4 lists and only 2 forms. If you look in phpmyadmin you will see that in each row `eyw73_fabrik_lists`.`form_id` references form id = 1 and 2 two times, which is pretty impossible I think.
As in the form view we join to the list to get the table name, this produces the duplicated records. Simplest thing is to delete those two lists (id 3 and 4) I think

I've trashed those lists (id 3 and 4) in fabrik admin panel. But unfortunately all elements and forms disappeared (in admin view) after doing this. So I've republished those two lists and after that all the forms and elements were back (but still duplicated). Did you mean to delete those lists directly in phpmyadmin ?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back