googlemap and not only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

Situation. Previously I made customer registration forms (lists ID 10 and 12), where I created fields for countries, cities and googlemap. As it was no success with cascading dropdown plugin during our previous discussion here (it cannot correctly show labels at map), I used just dropdown for fields country and cities.
Problems. 1) After registration I expect to see one new record in a list. Instead, there are as many new records as number of all records in a databasejoin list for cities for every new registartion; 2) There are no labels at the map - you may check here http://www.dobrochyn.org/index.php/techcamp-kyiv-2012 (visualization ID 3).

I cannot realize so simple task with Fabrik during about one month, neither with cascading dropdown or mentioned method, and it became a big headache for my project. Yesterday I had to stop registration of 100 NGOs at the TechCamp because it doesn't work and very disappointed. I'll be very glad if smb who can access to back-end of my site can check and correct it ASAP and receive expected function of visualization registered users on the map. First of all list ID 12. And what should I do with all that unnecessary copies of records in the list? Thank you!

Hi there is something odd with the way you have set up the database join elements.
Can you PM or skype me details to phpMyAdmin - I wan't to see what is happening in the actual database, and fix things where needed.

Unpublishing the database join element 'reg_city' (id 67) removes the display of duplicate records. As a rule of thumb a database join should ALWAYS have its value set to the PRIMARY KEY of the table you are joining to. E.g. the 'id' field and not the 'city' label.

I can't fix that now as you have data stored with foreign keys as string, and changing the option would make those selections incorrect, so I need phpmyadmin access to be able to do plain sql queries to fix your data.

I think the map is not showing as there are no coordinates stored for the map. I would think this is because the map element edit and view settings were set to 'super user' so if others were registering the map location would not be stored.

I tried editing a record to test this theory, but it seems you have validations on the elements which stop me from doing this.

In a previous thread I believe I said that things like user exists checks are not needed as your juser form plugin performs all required user checks for you.

Also in this form you didn't create an element to store the user id, if I get access to phpmyadmin I will add that for you and sync in the user ids.

-Rob

Hi there is something odd with the way you have set up the database join elements.
Rob, I used only your template and have no other info how to make it. Let's use other ways (with cascading dropdown or whatever) while I paused the process for mass registration at the site. Only I need - smth which can work properly.
Can you PM or skype me details to phpMyAdmin - I wan't to see what is happening in the actual database, and fix things where needed
Sorry to say but I don't know what is phpMyAdmin, if you mean link, login and pass to my control panel at host - Yes I can, but are you sure you really need it, as its interface in Russian? Please confirm, and I'll send you details. If you mean another details than access to control panel of my host, please, specify what are you expected for.

I tried editing a record to test this theory, but it seems you have validations on the elements which stop me from doing this.

Yes, there was a step in tutorial, which said to switch "No" for the field "Alter field types" in Advanced (parameters of list). Possibly this is the reason why you cannot edit elements, but you can change it for your testing.

In a previous thread I believe I said that things like user exists checks are not needed as your juser form plugin performs all required user checks for you.

Yes, but this project needs to check user exists as well as emails, that's why it uses both.

Also in this form you didn't create an element to store the user id, if I get access to phpmyadmin I will add that for you and sync in the user ids.

Sorry but I have not forms without ID elements. For this form there is an element-internalid with ID #60.

hi Vadim
I skyped you regarding the phpMyAdmin / cpanel user info.

Originally Posted by rob

Yes, there was a step in tutorial, which said to switch "No" for the field "Alter field types" in Advanced (parameters of list). Possibly this is the reason why you cannot edit elements, but you can change it for your testing.

You misunderstand me, I meant that when I try to edit fabrik list's row of data, in a fabrik form, I can not save as you have fabrik validations set on the form (user exists etc) which will stop the record from being saved. This is because the user you are editing already exists.
These validations are not needed, as the JUser form plugin already has these checks for you.

Originally Posted by rob

Sorry but I have not forms without ID elements. For this form there is an element-internalid with ID #60.

I meant the id of the user (e.g. a field called user_id), which is not necessarily the records id/primary key.

E.g. you are editing a record with an id of 1, but it relates to the user details of user id = 43
Currently there is no element in the form which stores this user_id.
The juser from plugin has a dropdown where you can select the user id element. It then uses that when editing a record so that it knows that if you update the name in your fabrik form (record id = 1), the user's (id = 43) name will also be updated.

-Rob

Rob, thank you for urgent help yesterday! I've tested how it works and first problem is vizualization. Please, check here http://www.dobrochyn.org/index.php/techcamp-kyiv-2012 and you'll see map with labels of registered NGOs - and it is good. The problem is that information box (chat) is emty, when you click on any label. There is no information at all about registered NGOs (should be at least their names). Please, help to correct it!

just for anyone reading this thread. The map viz bubble template was empty. I added some placeholders in there to show the records elements

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back