Joomla 3.5.1 is it Safe to Upgrade?

All I can tell you is if you are using NoNumber Advanced Modules Manager and PHP v.7.0.5 you will lose all your modules. I made the mistake of updating to J3.5.1 yesterday and am still struggling with getting my modules back.

Peter at NoNumber blames it on php v7.0.5 and has posted some temporary fixes in the beta downloads area that you would have to install individually (outside the NoNumber Extensions manager). See this NoNumber support ticket: https://www.nonumber.nl/forum/advancedmodulemanager-pro/41471-modules-are-gone

But the weird thing is I updated from php5.x to php7.x about two weeks ago and this only happened yesterday after the latest Joomla update. (The only thing that would make Peter's assertion correct is if my web host automatically updated to php v7.0.5 yesterday too?)

Peter suggests waiting for php v7.0.6 before updating to Joomla 3.5.1.

Wow reddeer, thanks! If I was able to make that post 'sticky' at the top of this forum, I would.:D

Thanks Redder, i only use fabrik and Admin Tools,Akeeba Backup, and Templates Granity i think i am safe but my question was focus on FABRIK mostly but thanks for all the information!!!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back