List on a form - access form data

Hi all,

I have a list on a form, added in the footer text added like:

{fabrik view=list id=4}

In a php event plugin on the LIST I need to access data that is on the form somehow so I can filter the list to show only rows that are related to the form data. The list does not, understandably, know about the $data from the form. What can I do to make the form talk to the list?

Best regards,

Hi Troester,

Thank you! Yes, I finally found the {rowid} and was able to use that. But what if I need other elements as well?

Also: On the form itself, I was not able to get to ANY of the form data in a php plugin in the onLoad. Tried all the methods listed in your wiki (http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-form-plugin/)about accessing the form data in plugins. In my case I need to send 3 elements from the table back to a web service to update data in the table. Yes, I can use {rowid} and fetch the SQL row, but the form must have a reference to the data. I tried various on* events and none of them showed any data. I'm using $data at the end of the form to send data back to the web service and it works fine.

Best regards,

Hi Troester,

Please note that I need to GET the form element data. $formModel->data['your-full-elmentname']='abc'; would be setting the element value. I.e.

$value = $formModel->data['your-full-elmentname'];

It always seemed to return an empty value. I will re-visit this later and see what I find out:)

Best regards,

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back