new bug with template dropdowns?

cyberholic

Hi i just activated the new "install from web" function at the latest Joomla release.
At first sight everything seemed to work fine but now i encountered something:

when i want to change the layout of my form, the dropdown does not offer me
the folders within the template folders but the root of my site!
So instead of heaving:
defaut, bootstrap, div... (and all the other layouts)
i am presented with
administrator, bin, cache, cli ... (and all the other folders from the root of my server)

Is this a FABRIK, a Joomla error or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting symptoms :)

Have you tried doing a refresh from Manage Extensions?
Have you tried doing a discover from Extensions?
Have you cleared your server cache?
Have you cleared your browser cache?
Have you tried installing again or updating from GitHub?
If the problem persists, then since you are the first person to report this issue there is little we can do to help knowing only the symptoms. Is this an install that we can visit and do some detailed diagnosis of HTML being sent?
S

Hi Sophist,
- check the update option via the Joomla Admin - everything seems to be updated.
- via MANAGE i see that all my Fabrik plugins are v3.1rc1
- via DISCOVER nothing is found

This morning Fabrik was working absolutely fine. I then received an email about the latest Joomla update so i clicked
in the backend the option to update to the latest Joomla version.

What happens now is that even elements seem to not save my changes.
I had an element (checkbox) with several JS inside it.
About 10 minutes ago i clicked that element to add a new JS (onload).
I saw the above mentioned javascripts and added the onload function.
I clicked SAVE.
Now the before seen javascript functions are gone and only my (new) onload function exists for that button.

Will go on trying out why this was caused.
Thanks in advance for your time!

Oh and btw: when i want to add a new JS action to the above mentioned button, then:
- the "published" button is neither on nor off - both are grey. I can click on it and turn the actions on or off.
I think until this morning whenever i added an action, it was automaticly ON.

- the CODE textarea is not clickable
I can not click inside the textarea and enter anything. But once i saved the element the textarea appears.
(see attached image)

As i said: this morning everything was working fine until i updated Joomla to the latest version.

Attachments

• js-actions.jpg
    js-actions.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 168
I can confirm the issue (only looked at template dropdown).
I've updated to Joomla3.2 yesterday.
The wrong template folders are shown in lists and forms, I've reset Fabrik to a 2013-11-5 version to exclude a fabrik issue.

I am just wondering about another strange thing since the last update. I will write in here, but please tell me if you want me to open a new
thread for it.

As mentioned before, the whole page was working fine with the latest versions. Since i updated now to the last Joomla3 Github the dropdowns
also work. A new problem i encountered are the checkboxes. As you can see here: http://www.inoxed.com/index.php/register I have several checkboxes.
These checkboxes do not need to be clicked so i added a default value to them with "none".

The problem i had was this:
As said, any of the four checkbox categories are not mandatory.
Please fill out the form and press SAVE PROFILE
What happens is this:
- The page reloads saying that some fields are missing or fillout wrong.
- The "skateboard sponsors" category has no default value. So now - after submitting - Fabrik has added a "ARRAY" checkbox to this category.
- If i add a default value to that category, the before mentioned thing does not happen but the information that some

- the label for the default value is not shown
- the default label and value is not hidden (was it evere? i did not recognized that "Some parts of your form have not been correctly filled in" appears again.

Thanks for your time trying it out. I will continue to find a solution by myself.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back