On Change filter not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackem

It seems that the "on change" list filter setting is not working, i.e. it is necessary to click the "Go" button.

Here is a link to a list that displays the behavoir: http://www.mypoolstats.com/public/performance-ratings

I discovered this as I wanted to change my list filters to be "Under Headings" for a more compact layout. Of course that means there is no "go" button so the "on change" is necessary. Hitting enter on the keyboard works but that is not an option for mobile users.

So the list in your link has set filter trigger "on change" but showing the Go button?

That is correct. Actually, I just looked again at the tooltip for the filter trigger option. It says the button will remain shown for ranged filters (which I knew) and autocomplete filters (which is new I think). I suppose that means it isn't possible to trigger the filter after a selection has been made.

I need to use an autocomplete but that effectively prevents the use of "under headings" filters. :(

I just changed to "Under Headings" but all I see above the list is "Clear Filters". Having the "Go" button above the list would be a fine solution though.

I just tried.
On my site with filters "Under Headings" a GO button is displayed on the right side of the "Under Headings" row (with filter trigger = submit button or filter trigger = on change + one autocomplete filter)

Hmm, OK sounds like just something in my setup then. Good to know, thanks! I wonder what is causing the issue?

Maybe the filter section is just too wide to show it? Some of my dropdowns are excessively wide for the choices they contain, but I don't know where to change that setting. I tried the list view->filters element options "filter length" and "filter class".

I use the Gantry Framework.

Not sure if it matters but this is a joined list. The child list is based on a View.

Ok, a bug.
GO is in the same column as edit/view buttons and - puff - gone, if those buttons/dropdown aren't shown because of no edit or view access.

In Fabrik3.0 it's above the list (although it's nice to have it beside the filters - if there's space)

Thanks troester! I have allowed view record list access as a workaround until this can be corrected. I agree it is nice to have the Go button next to the filters but having it above the list works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back