(PDF) template not picking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrafilm

J3.2 / 3.1Rc2 with latest github.

When I try to print, email or PDF from a detailed list I get more or less flat text.
Detailed list:
Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 11.39.28.png

The PDF:

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 11.39.43.png

I have checked both templates and created another but it seems they are ignored.

Print behaves the same, email keeps spinning.

On the 3.16 test site I see a slightly diff behavior: the print function shows the template, the PDF is besides the headers, empty.

Anyone else having this issue?

It's no J3.2 / 3.1Rc2 problem, it's an old one.
Dompdf can't handle float correctly.
So you have to create your PDF form/details template.

This is what I've done for a generic template:
copy components\com_fabrik\views\form\tmpl25\admin template (the details/admin is empty:() to
components\com_fabrik\views\details\tmpl\
(rename to eg myPDF)
adapt CSS

Nice, thats helps indeed. Still email trouble but thats another issue.
Did you make somethings nice with your CSS? (and save me a lot of work)

Might be an idea to open a thread where we can upload custom made templates instead of everybody starting from scratch....

Here the minimum aligning label and element without float.

Yes, it would be nice to have a bootstrap like but dompdf compatible template included in Fabrik core.

Attachments

• custom_css.zip
    579 bytes · Views: 259
Nice, that helps. Thank you!

I'll give back a different version with lines. May be it helps others too. (see screenshot)

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 17.08.53.png

Attachments

• custom_css.php.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 253
Reactions: rob
I think the PDF debug is not working at all: it doesn't take the PDF template and it doesn't display component only (still displying logo), it's displaying buttons and nav...
So I don't think it's using dompdf.

But I can't see any error on my site (and don't have login information on your site).

Ok, it seems during pushing and merging my dompdf version to fabrik github some files got lost.
Rob has added them, try an other GitHub update.

The update fixed the issue, it even now loads with the 'bootstrap' template. Just my own previous custom templates don't work any more. I'll create some new ones. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back