Recent upgrade from J.3.3 to J3.4 plus Fabrik has stopped all emelemnt javascript actions

p38

I always hold out as far as possible to update my Fabrik on my sites, because inevitably something breaks.

This time it was no different, a perfectly working site has now broken when I upgraded from J3.3.6 to J3.4 and the latest Git fabrik.

All my element javascript actions have now stopped working. (onchange, onload, onfocus etc etc)

Also I discovered my fileupload element, once the file has uploaded, does not post the record, instead, it comes back blank, url unchanged.

All caches have been cleared etc etc.

Any idea where I can look to problem solve?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Troester,

I can confirm this error occurs when I use a dbjoin or cascadingdropdown, with the checkbox list option

A normal dropdown option works OK.

This bug has crept in recently, as it was working perfectly with a github update of a few months ago.

Paul.

Last edited:
Hmm, dbjoin.js is doing
Code:
    getCheckboxTmplNode: function () {
        if (Fabrik.bootstrapped) {
            this.chxTmplNode = jQuery(Fabrik.jLayouts['fabrik-element-databasejoin-form-checkbox'])[0];
        } else {
            if (!this.chxTmplNode && this.options.displayType === 'checkbox')
            {
                var chxs = this.element.getElements('> .fabrik_subelement');
                if (chxs.length === 0) {
                    this.chxTmplNode = this.element.getElement('.chxTmplNode').getChildren()[0].clone();
                    this.element.getElement('.chxTmplNode').destroy();
                } else {
                    this.chxTmplNode = chxs.getLast().clone();
                }
            }
        }
so it shouldn't run the "this.element.getElement('.chxTmplNode')" in Joomla3+ (and it doesn't on my site).
But I don't know where Fabrik.bootstrapped is set.

thank you, this sounds feasible, and I suspect something to do with new jLayouts being implemented I read somewhere.

I will see if I can get an old copy of dbjoin.js, just so I can get my site back running again.

looks like the normal dbjoin is also broken when using checkboxes........ they do not get saved.

Sigh..... 1step forward 2 steps back...... gonna have to restore backup.

Not sure how I can lodge this as a bug, it is unusable in it's present form

I copied the dbjoin and CDD elements from my Github uppdates archive 4th August and can confirm it all works OK.

So between then and now, things went pearshaped.

Doing a compare of source code in the JS, there were substantial changes done, esp regards to checkboxes

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back