Reverse Registration

dwaine18

Hello,

I am trying to create a reverse registration form, where the users are already preloaded by the admin. On the front end the user has to search for his/her profile and validate it against, elements such as; Last name, student ID number and registered email. Once these have all been validated successfully the student will then be able to go ahead the with full registration process and select a username and password etc.....not sure this is at all possible. For a clearer picture of what I am trying to create something like this https://streamliningpennkey.apps.upenn.edu/streamliningPennKey/jsp/fast.do. So to review I want to pre-register users and then have users serach for their profile on the front end and then continue with the full joomla registration process once they have verified themselves. How would I best proceed with this using fabrik.

Thanks,
Dwayne

You can:
create a Joomla access level (e.g. noadmin) which is not assigned (directly or inherited) to admins.
Create a list A1 with all you profile fields, including all fields used in the juser form plugin.
List "Add" access = admins.
Add the juser plugin to the form, assign the elements, under "Options" add a condition so it's not run if called by an admin.

Now admins can add "pre-register" records without doing a Joomla registration.
The user who edits will create a new Joomla user (resp. can edit his Joomla user parameters).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Back