Strange issue with Fabrik templates

jfquestiaux

I just finished a new project for a site with an adaptive design using the Bootstrap framework. This site is using Fabrik for a small application.

When I developped it on my development server, I noticed that the CSS of the Fabrik template was not picked up (neither custom_css.php nor template_css.php).
Since it was the first time I used Bootstrap and had little time to finish the site, I did not look further and assume it had something to do with Bootstrap.
It did not bother much anyway since I was going for the "Bootstrap look" and could override anything easily in the CSS file of the site template.

But when I put the finished site online on a new server (first time I use that hosting), everything went wrong in my fabrik lists (and forms), that is, on that server, the CSS file of the templates ARE picked up (as they should).
The quick fix was to delete the content of the "echo" declaration in these templates.

But now remains the question: why is that happened?

Since it is exactly the same site (transferred via Akeeba Backup), it is obviously something coming from the server.

I have other sites on the same server, using customized Fabrik template but they don't seem to show the same problem (but the are not on the latest GitHub version either).

I will test further but I thought I would let you know already in case someone has an idea or faced a similar issue recently.

I'd have to look to be sure what was going on.
Quick question were you using the joomla3 branch for this or the master branch.
The joomla3 branch has a load of bootstrap work done, (form, list plugins etc) and logic to decide if you are using either Joomla 3 OR a Joomla template called 'bootstrap' - that hack is in there for our new site, which uses Joomla 2.5, a bootstrap template and code from the joomla3 branch.

Hello Rob,

Nice to hear about your developments with Bootstrap as I am planning to work on another project using that framework.

But for the issue I was reporting, I used the usual master branch on GitHub.
I made another test this morning with another site:
Upgrading the site from Fabrik 3.0.5.1 Git 85 to 3.0.6.3 Git 258 triggers the problem. After the upgrade, none of the CSS style of the Fabrik template is taken into account.

So this is something Fabrik related + a setting on the server.
As far as my first test go, the main difference between the two servers settings are :

1. PHP 5.4.4 on the new server (the one that works - 5.3.7 on the one with the issue)
  2. Output buffering is ON on the new server (while Joomla recommends to be OFF)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back