The best way to do a delivery note, invoice, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I've tried to find an answer searching in the forum but I haven't seen a clear enough answer to my knowledge. I've have my webapp mounted with fabrik and working so well, but I need to create a print enabled delivery note and I don't know what is the better way to do that: a custom form in details view modifying the template, a customized list template, etc... I need to re-order some of the fields that are available in a List, filtering to one specific row and adding some text (header, footer, and customizable text). Is should be printed. Imagine the typical delivery note, an invoice, etc.

I'll appreciate your help!

Sergio R.

As always: it depends...
- you may add an email plugin to your form with html, php or article template (for email, not print)
- you may create special form and/or list PDF templates

Hi! thanks for the answer. I've have no knowledge in CSS. I'm affraid that if I need to make the form/pdf/email visually like a delivery note, invoice, etc. I should modify the CSS template, is that correct? Is there any WYSIWYG editor to format the printout easily? Sorry for my lack of knowledge in it...

Sergio R.

Hi Revolution, you will probably not find anything like that. The problem with CSS is that if you use it and use a PDF parser/creater within php, these tools do not like CSS that much and also do not like special fonts.
I used a PDF creation tool via php once and had to design the "printed version" as table. This is about 5 years ago, i do not know how good these tools are nowadays but at the end you have to keep the whole thing very minimalistic for a good result.

check www.fpdf.org for some examples.

Hi cyberholic!

Thanks for your answer. In fact I've finally created a template for PDF and I'm working on it formatting, querying database using PHP, etc.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back