to hide internalid at the copy of a list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vadim

For example, list id #20 is a copy of a list id#19, I show both list at the front end, and need to show internalid of records of list id #20, and to hide internalid of records of list id #19. How to do it? Thank you!

hi
edit the id element for list #20. I guess you see a message saying its linked to a parent element, correct?
If so check the checkbox in that message and you will see the standard edit element form where you can set the visiblity etc

-Rob

Rob, but if I change visability in parent element, it means that id will be hidden in a list and its copy. My task is to show ID in a parent list and hide ID in its copy. How to do it?

as I said in the last post.
Edit the child element, you see a message saying its linked, unlink it by checking the checkbox, and edit. These changes to the child element do not effect the parent element

I also need to save common unique ID for both lists. Will your proposal save it, or after unlinking there will be unique ID for original list and unique ID for a copy, other words no unique ID for both lists? If so, I need in other solution.

Copied lists store data to the same single database table, so editing records in one list alter the data displayed in the copied list as well.

Think of lists as different 'views' of the underlying data stored in your database table.

So say you have "listA" which stores to the database table "db_table_A" and you copy it, you now have "listB" which will also store to the database table "db_tableA"

So, for your internalid element, saving a record in listA will create a record with an id of 1, saving a record in "listb" will create a record with an id of 2.

Viewing records in either listA or listB will show two entries, id = 1 and id = 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back