Tool Tip Drop Down

jeanette

Hi Guys,

I am having some (continued) issues with the tool tip drop downs. In firefox, when I hover over the buttons such as the 'group' button, the menu disappears as soon as the pointer moves towards it - so you can never select the element you wish to group by. The issue has been fixed in Chrome and in Safari.

I have a couple of programmers assisting with my site - the information which they are after is where the menu drop down list is being created - apparently the information they are after is not in floatingtips.js.

Could you please point us in the right direction? Thank you very much.

The below are the comments from the programmers :

Programmer 1 :
"I have fixed the tooltip dropdown issue in Chrome/Safari, but Firefox seems to have a different issue. I've managed to find where I can move the dropdown up so it's possible to hover over and choose a menu item, but in Firefox when you hover over the menu it disappears and the description tooltip reappears above it. This is now unfortunately over my head so I need someone with javascript knowledge to look at it. "

Programmer 2 response :
"I tried my hand at fixing the groupby dropdown, but what ever javascript is running that is just so obscure and convoluted that I can't even find where the drop list is being created - it is not in the floatingtips.js mentioned above, it seems that an event is being attached somewhere else... god knows where! I would suggest you seek direction from the Fabriq team on this, at least that they can tell us where exactly that drop list functionality is added, ie what javascript... it's unbelievable how obscure this is."

HI Jeanette

Could you post the page in question please, and PM me an ftp account and admin login?

Also could you let us know what version of Fabrik you are using?

thx
Rob

Rob,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have sent you a PM with details as requested.

Regards,

Jeanette

hi Jeanette

If possible I would suggest updating to the latest version of fabrik, preferrably the code from github, as the tip code has been re-worked since 3.0.4

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back