using views on databasejoins does not keep settings

p38

I notice when using views, eg: v_myview, then when you edit the element again, the value and lable settings have been lost, and defaults to last non-view table.

I have to select another table, then select the view again, and setup value and label again.

So it keeps these settings until I edit the element again.

Paul

myGlidingclub.com.

Please note - this only occurs when using mySQL views, so you will have to check it out using a view against your list.

I have named my views v_xxxxxxxxx, this might cause an issue?

You forgot to mention which element this was on, I looked at the first one I found id =92
What I saw was that the saved label value was 'timesheet' which didn't appear as an option in the dropdown, hence nothing was selected. I selected 'id' as an option, saved and the element admin page is re-shown with 'id' as the database join label. Not sure where to go from here with testing this issue.

any database join that uses a view shows this problem.

to replicate.......

we can use element 92, the table should be "v_timesheet", value should be "id" and the label should be "timesheetdate."

1) edit the element
2) you will see the value and label have already been lost, and they default to the "dutyroster" list elements.
3) to reset, select another table to clear the elements
4) Now select the table v_timesheet, value = id, label=timesheetdate
5) They all show correctly
6) Save the element
7) The list works correctly to add data (ie: dropdown), which is the "timesheetentries" list
8) Now go and edit that element 92 again.
9) You will see settings have been lost, and the elements default to another table's elements
10) You have to start at 2) all over again.

PLEASE NOTE: this only occurs using views.

Paul

The problem here is that I don't see this sequence of events - at point 2 on your site with that element the value and label dropdown lists are correctly populated. I guess its some weird time out issue with the ajax loading - but even that's odd as we already run those calls through our ajax queue manager which is designed specifically to avoid the issue where the server refuses to deal with multiple simultaneous requests.

Can you use firebug in firefox when you open the edit element page, and observe the ajax requests that are fired. Do any of them timeout or get highlighted in red?

Ha, I could replicate it (after seeing this in Hugh's Skype converstion "It;s only an issue if you join to a view you haven't created a Fabrik List on."; related to joins but it seems the same reason here)
The parameters are resetting if you are using a MySQL view in dbjoin element AND no fabrik list is linked to this view.
So workaround:
create list pointing to the view and define the primary key in list settings.

thanks troester, makes sense.

I have 1 critical view I can use as a workaround for now, but makes it impractical do do all 15 views like this, so kinda hoping the guys can resolve this.

Paul

As mentioned, this ONLY occurs when I use mySQL views, normal tables work just fine........... so this is where you need to look.
That is what I'm testing - I'm testing on your page on my server , I simply don't replicate it. Troester can you give me access to your system, perhaps I'll have more luck producing the error there

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back