Welcome user_name

ahmedo

My first post in this forum.

Firstly, I love Fabrik. It is so powerful. I only wish there is comprehensive tutorials/book/videos that cover the deeper or greater features. And if there is, please let me know.

So here is my first question which I think or may be simple to do.

All I want is to display Welcome {User_Name) at the top the list or form. The user_name will be the Joomla User.

I looked in may places, and was not sure if the answers there are relevant to what I am looking for. So I look forward to any answer that will help me.

Needless to say, I will eventually subscribe to the not-for-free when I have more important question to ask. At the moment I am building my application and have yet to find out many advance features that I want to include.

Thanks

Hello,

yes...Fabrik is currently the most powerful App Builder or RAD (in my opinion), when you want a powerful CMS like Joomla as a base :)

What I do...

I am using Regularlab "Sourcerer" (payed) to include custom php pages anywhere in Joomla. I am using a CUSTOM Joomla Module and I can include the module anywhere with Regularlabs "Modules Anywhere" (free). Using Joomshaper Helix3 template (free) and Joomshaper SP Page Builder (payed), there are almost no limits. Just include a page like:

Code:
{source file=tools/pages/my_page.php}{/source}

Code:
<?php$user = JFactory::getUser();$user_username = $user->username;$user_name = $user->name;$user_id = $user->id;?><?php echo '<i class="fa fa-folder-open-o" aria-hidden="true"></i>' . ' ' . JText::_( 'LABEL_USER_CURRENT' ) . ': ' . $user_username . ' (' . $user_id . ')' ?>

You will need to add the lang string with Joomla language files: LABEL_USER_CURRENT="Hello"

Thanks for the tip. I actually have all those paid extensions. I am still early using this platform. There is so much to learn. I hope I do not give up. Because what I need is pretty advance. I do not mind even eventually to hire someone to help me.

I would suggest to get payed support with Fabrik Dev as soon as you know how to use Fabrik backend and as soon as you are able to create simple forms. Support is excellent and dev's are very advanced ;) I did that once and soon again.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back