ACL Matched - Content type's ACL Setting

Flippin

Hi Everyone,

I running Joomla 3.4.8 with Fabrik 3.4,2

A little past history...when I upgraded from Joomla 2.5 to 3.0 (also tried to upgrade Fabrik to the supported version at that time for Joomla 3.0). My fabrik form broke and I was unable to debug. In the end I needed to uninstalled Fabrik and I manually deleted all tables through PHP MyAdmin.

After all Fabrik related table had been dropped from the DB, I installed the latest version of Fabrik and began recreating the form that I had built. The first table went fine, but when I go to add a new "list" titled "States" (trying to build a table that would contain a list of US states to populate a drop down list of states) I got the follow error when trying to create the list:

fabrik-error.jpg

If I choose "Save & Close", when I go in to add an element, there's two groups shown "States" and "States [ ]". I've been searching around for info on this, but haven't found anything that clearly explains what the issue is and how to correct it. Any info on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Can you try installing the new 3.4.2 ZIP?

Two of us just tried running a list creation with 'default', and it seems to work OK.

It's possible you got a version where I'd moofed the default.xml.

-- hugh

Can you try installing the new 3.4.2 ZIP?

Two of us just tried running a list creation with 'default', and it seems to work OK.

It's possible you got a version where I'd moofed the default.xml.

-- hugh

Sure... do I need to blow away the table I already built?

Usually you can just install over the exising version.

two groups shown "States" and "States [ ]".
This sounds a bit strange. Are both groups belonging to the same form (created while creating the list)?

This sounds a bit strange. Are both groups belonging to the same form (created while creating the list)?

Yes... I was using the same name as I did in the past i.e. States (table name "fab_states"). I'm going to do the install and see what happens. I dropped the States table, emptied the trash in Joomla and check SQL BD to ensure the table was dropped.

Getting the green check mark with "ACL Matched The content type's ACL settings match your site's ACL settings" I tried setting the access to "special" for add/edit/delete, etc. I went ahead and clicked "save" and then added a new element. This time it is only showing one group called "states" under the list States.

On a side note, is there a way to populate a drop down menu from a CSV file so I don't have to manually add all of the States?

BTW - Thanks for the help! :)

We're working on being able to include data with these content types, but that'll take a while.

No, you can't populate a dropdown (as in a dropdown element), but you can populate a table, and use a join rendered as a dropdown.

Here's a set of SQL files I just modified to work with Fabrik. You should be able to import these into MySQL with your client of choice (like phpMyAdmin), then build Fabrik lists with them, and/or use them in joins.

-- hugh

Attachments

• us_cities_and_states_with_pk.zip
    832.5 KB · Views: 182
Oh... I see where I'm f$*cking that up now ! lol Thanks for those SQL files. I'm going to give this a go. I'll post back the outcome once I'm finished with these steps. So just to confirm, I need to delete the dropdown element I created. Then just run that SQL script to populate the "States" table. After that, I can create a database join element (as a dropdown menu) in my main List (or any other list I want to use State for in the future)?

You would need to import the states table in phpMyAdmin (if you haven't done that before, just google it, there's plenty of tutorials out there). Once you have imported the table, you can just create a database join element to it.

I typically create Fabrik lists from any table I use as a join, even though it's not strictly necessary.

If you need to have a CDD for the cities, i.e. a dropdown of cities which changes on a per-State basis as you select from the States menu, you will need to create a List for it. For various reasons, the CDD can't be joined to tables which don't exist as Fabrik Lists.

-- hugh

I created a list in Fabrik states and then made changes to your SQL script match the naming standard I've been working with. Then ran that through phpMyAdmin . Did the same for the cities_extended. Loaded up nicely. Tried just running the script without the table, but was getting an error. Worked fine once I let it overwrite my table. I'm going to try and create a CDD now linking to those two tables. Thanks Hugh!

Getting stumped on the CDD... I have three tables all populated with the data in the zip file you gave me. I first created a DB Join within my main list and had is point to the states db table. Under Data tab: connection:site database > list:States > Value:state_code > Label: state

Then I created a CDD also within the same list and when I get down to the Data tab, when I choose the connection:site database > list:Cities > here is where I only can choose ID [recommended] or datetime... it doesn't show the cities db field as an option. Shouldn't that be available? Assuming it was, my next action would be to set the Watch condition to watch state_code. Any idea where I'm going wrong here?

Probably be easier if I take a look. I don't usually do hands on support in Community, but I'm interested in making sure this data is correct, as I'll probably be turning it into a standard content type import.

Fill out http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites and I'll take a look. I just need a backend login.

I tested it again here, and it works fine. I just create the lists, point them at the existing tables I imported in MySQL, and all the elements are there.

-- hugh

OK, I don't know how you created the lists, but they obviously didn't import properly.

I'm trying to open the CPanel URL you gave me, but I just get a connection timeout.

-- hugh

I'm not sure how you created those lists, so I deleted them (without dropping the underlying table), and recreated them thusly ...

http://screencast.com/t/ueTMoXet

... I skipped screencasting the first two (states and cities), so this just shows creating the "Cities Extended". Create new list, name it, select the existing table, done.

Then the state join just joins to the state table (saving the state code as the value), and then the city CDD uses that as the FK.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back