ACL Matched - Content type's ACL Setting

So the problem was caused by how we went about loading the data? I'll need to duplicate this process on my production server. Did you load the lists through phpMyAdmin? Did you have to adjust any of the code in the SQL scripts you shared with me? Thanks again so much for the help. You guys have a really awesome tool here in Fabrik...

Nope, all I did was what you see in the video. New list, give it a name, select the table to use, save.

-- hugh

Re-watched the screencast, and noticed that out of habit I remove the new table name we auto-generate from the label, before selecting the existing table to use. Don't know if that has any effect, shouldn't do - we should ignore that if you select an existing table to build the list from.

-- hugh

Note that it'll also skip the "Content Types" step when you select an existing table to use, as we then use that table to build the available elements from, no need to ask you what content type template to build from.

-- hugh

Re-watched the screencast, and noticed that out of habit I remove the new table name we auto-generate from the label, before selecting the existing table to use. Don't know if that has any effect, shouldn't do - we should ignore that if you select an existing table to build the list from.

-- hugh

That's really the only thing different that I saw you do.

Nope we ignore the typed-in name if you select an existing table.

The only thing I can think is that you must have run that SQL after you created the List. Iirc correctly I'd put a "drop table if exists" in there, so it would happily have recreated the table with the additional fields, but Fabrik wouldn't have known anything about them.

I'm working on a UK version atm btw, found a nice CSV of UK cities with counties and Post Codes ... I just need to normalize it into two tables.

-- hugh

I have a few other questions on different topics... Not sure if you want me to post as a new topic in the future?

I'm not sure if the "user" plugin will accomplish what I was hoping it could do... I would like for each record submitted to be associated with the Joomla user so that only the original user can "edit"their own entries (or a super user). So for example, I'm user ID# 12 and I have entered 15 Tournaments in the database. Later I need to change something for a specific tournament I entered. From the list view, only tournaments that I entered will have the "edit" button available. Other registered users only see their entries as well. The public only has the ability to "view". Is this possible?

Anyone seen this before? Happens on any filter that I apply:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/busainfo/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/link/link.php on line 99

We've pretty much exhausted Community support.

Memory limit, you'll need to up your memory_limit in PHP ini. Although it's unusual to exceed 128M, it can happen, depending on what kinds of filters you are using.

User access, check the Access settings on the list. The "or use field" for edit access. You can set something like "Special" for edit, and your user element for the "or use field", which will Special to edit any row, but regular users can only edit "their" rows (where the user element you specify matches the logged on userid).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back