Add amount plus/minus

futuron

Is there an element available to fill a field with + and - sign? Like in shopping carts to set the amount of a product you want?

No.

Probably wouldn't be hard to create one, but creating elements is just tedious work, even for simple ones. Several hours of just modifying a basic skeleton, then adding the specific functionality. So it's something I'd be happy to add - especially if I could find some solid and well maintained jQuery widget that had a decent feature set, and could provide various ways of dialling up numbers. But it's be billable work.

Although thinking about it, it might be possible to do that with just some custom CSS and a little custom JS, on a standard field element. If you search for "jquery plus minus widget" you'll find some Stack Overflow solutions that are quite elegant, and would be do-able with a layout override and some custom CSS and form_X.js magic.

Or ... I might possibly be able to add it as an option to the standard 'field' element, although I'm a little leary about that as it's already suffering from Knob and Dial Overload, aka Creeping Featurism (or the lovely spoonerism of that, Feeping Creaturism). Although again, that would be billable (but a lot quicker than creating a new element type).

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back