Add button to list view

Is it possible to add a button in the list view that when clicked would take you to a form and autofill some form fields from that rows data?

I am looking for the same thing.....but rather link to the url value stored in the element.

The link element does not work, as I cannot pre-populate the link value as it seems to store json formats.

Is anybody out there?

@joshblevins: you can use a php plugin where you set a redirect to your form and send the requested data from the form (or from the databse if necessary) to the session where it will be retreived in the form.

@p38: I am still not quire sure what you need exactly, but yu couls use a calc element to generated a link from an element in the same row. If you could provide more explanation and/or an example, I could probably help you better.

thanks for reply.

Yes a calc would work, but while waiting for a reply, I tried the "custom link" option, using the placeholder of the actual element, which holds the URL.

This seems to work, but a real pity the link element is not working 100%, a this is what I originally tried.

Thanks for help

Paul

Hi

what's not working with the link element?
If its related to either using icons, or tips in conjunction with the element I fixed that today.
Otherwise I'm not sure what the issue is?

-Rob

The default label and default URL of the link element does not seem to work.

My understanding of this is if no data has been filled in, then it will show the default label and allow the default link to to actioned, in other words, it will store the default link in the record.

The default label does not show in the list or form.

I find that it only shows in list and form if the user FILLS in the label and value when editing a form.

My user will always use a default link and label, but it is not saved when the record is created.

paul

Old thread : http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30517

My understanding of this is if no data has been filled in, then it will show the default label and allow the default link to to actioned, in other words, it will store the default link in the record.
If creating a NEW record then the form's fields are filled in with the default url and label, as per other elements.

If viewing records where NO link has been entered, then no the default link is not show, again this is the same behaviour as all other elements.

The default label does not show in the list or form.
It does for me on new forms. Obviously editing existing records with a blank label it will show the blank label.

My user will always use a default link and label, but it is not saved when the record is created.
If they create a new record with a link element with the default link/url supplied and they don't edit it then this is shown. I just tested it to be sure as well.

It works if the field are already filled in and I edit.

It does not work if I create a NEW record, and have default label and value set. These values are NOT carried over to the new record.

I have not updated from GIT for a few weeks, was this perhaps fixed in the interim?

Paul.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back