Add Record Form, non-edit field not populating

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastvne

Bruce Decker
I copied a list to a new name and want to modify the properties of it to allow for 'add record only'. Certain elements of this form I want to be non-editable.

One of these elements is a a juser_ID field rendered as a drop down.

I don't want the user to change this so I set it to 'nobody' edit privileges where 'nobody' is a view level belonging to no groups.

All is fine when adding the record. While the user id field is non-editable, I see my jos_user id there in the field. But when I save the record, the numeral zero appears.

Also, I have another field that is a drop down called 'status'. The default value of this field is 'pending_approval' I want this string to be written to the added record.

When I edit the record after adding it, all of the other 'editable' fields are fine but these two have odd values.

The juser field contains zero
the 'status' field contains the letter uppercase 'P'

I went back to Fabrik 2 to see how I did this there and I think I am following the basic pattern (aside from the new Joomla ACL aspects of it).

My intention is to link this 'add' list form to my main list so that I have control over which fields are accessible in add mode.

Am I going in the right general direction (same as F2) or is there a change in thinking or behavior that I should take into consideration.

-BD

Yup, its something I've been working on in the master branch, what you are doing is correct, but the current code had some issues.

I think things have got a lot better with the latest code I committed, could you update and test please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back