AJAX Upload: How to Override "File extenstion error"

aijosh

Is there a way to override this message?

It seems to be the only useable way to inform the users that they are trying to upload a wrong extension.
I already included a detailed explanation in the error message and tip field of the validation plugin but most people dont know to mouse over in order to read this message.

They just keep complaining that they cant upload files.... they are getting file extension error.

I see the error in plupload.js but changing it there is not a good idea + there are different upload elements with different extension types so the message has to be different for each element.

Any suggestions on how to achieve this?

It'll be good if the popup reads all the error messages from all validation plugins attached to the element

You can set the tip location in the form settings/Options to show always or you could use a display element, group intro, form intro.

Usually the browsers should only show files with allowed extensions, what are your fileupload settings?

Usually the browsers should only show files with allowed extensions
This would have been great. But it doesn't. All files are selectable when you click the "ADD FILES" button to add a file.

You can set the tip location in the form settings/Options to show always
I only need it for one element. This would just make the whole form look cluttered.

I also attempted to see how it would look but the Form>Options>Tip Location is doing anything. I tried Above, Below, Hover Text, Side. Whichever option I set still hovers the text.
I dont have any caching on the website and I've cleared the browser cache just to be sure

display element, group intro, form intro
Sadly enough, some people just don't read unless forced to. The clear instructions on the supported file extensions have been sent to them and is also on the page. The only message they see is the "File extension error" since it pops up into their face frustrating them.

what are your fileupload settings?
I'm not sure which one you need. If I'm to guess.

Ajax Upload: Yes
Max files: 1
Show Preview: No
Allowed File Types: jpg,JPG
Device Capture: Off
Storage Type: Amazon S3 (SDK)

Other settings are the default.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back