Alert "null" pops up on page load (3.10 update)

JackGoa

Updated to Fabrik 3.10.
Update to J! 3.10.

Issue:
On 2 sites, on page load where there's a Fabrik form module, an alert pops up simply saying, "null".
In dev console there's an error about Fabrik from::addElementFX pointing to utils.js in the media folder.
(screenshots attached)

This happens on more than one device, so don't think it's a browser cache issue.

Things I've tried:
Quadruple checked cache has been cleared.
Pulled update from Github.
Cleared out any Trash that might be conflicting.
Made sure any Ajax is disabled.

alert-null.png addelementfx.png

Understanding that this is the equivalent of what you're talking about, I just placed a Joomla module of type "Fabrik Form Module" in a module position of a page in my 3.10 site, and it loads perfectly fine without alert or any errors anywhere.
Have you also triple-checked that the Fabrik group with ID 78 does exist and is part of the form?

Have you also triple-checked that the Fabrik group with ID 78 does exist and is part of the form?

I quickly checked in the database itself. I don't have any IDs in any Fabrik table going up as high as 78.

Attached is a screenshot I took with ?fabrikdebug=1 enabled. I'm not sure what is looking for that group ID?

Attachments

• form-data.png
    form-data.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 62
Can confirm, on both sites, that alert pops up on all pages with the Fabrik form module.

Also, unpublishing the modules, removes the alert.

Can't find any conflicting plugins as both sites make use of different plugins as well as themes.

I'm not on my PC, but can you check if there's a difference with 'Debug JS' on/off in Fabrik options (i.e. js files un/ compressed)

Or if there's some form_X.js which should not be there?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I think I found it.

For some (strange) reason, there are several details_X.js, form_X.js, list_X.js and viz_X.js files in the /components/com_fabrik/js folder -- probably leftovers from the devs testing.

If you're getting the "group78" error, then probably because your form has ID 2, so form_2.js is called, and in that file group78 is mentioned.

Basically, you should delete all the *.js files in this folder as per screenshot here -- except your own ones, if any, of course.
If you prefer to test first, just rename the form_2.js file, then try your form again... the error should be gone now.

I'll inform the devs to delete these files from the install package

Screenshot of Finder (20-8-21, 17-08-32).png

Hey lousfool, I renamed the form_2.js on your mentioned folder and can confirm that the message is gone. Thanks a lot for your research and finding!

I see there's a J! 3.10.1 out now. How safe would you say it is to run that update? Would we need to do a git update too if we run it?

I didn't try but I think their bug fixes don't do anything with Fabrik. (They are announcing a J!4.0.2 already so maybe a J!3.10.2 is coming soon, too)

So if you are running Fabrik3.10 it should be ok.

Thanks. A client accidentally ran a J! 4 update today and it was a mess! So won't be going that route soon.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back