Arrgghh - Can't import packages.

cmendla

I have a client's site that was down. I reinstalled fabrik and had created packages. When I go to the joomla installer and install the package, I get a success message. However, I don't see the tables or forms in fabrik.

I've attached one of the packages I created. I'd REALLY appreciate any help.

thaks

chris

Attachments

• pkg_alumni_1.zip
    257.4 KB · Views: 167
error on trying to create an element

This is going from bad to worse. I need to have the dozen or so forms on my client's site working by tonight. I uninstalled and reinstalled fabrik.

THe packages I exported didn't quite work out the way I thought they would. I am now trying to recreate the forms from scratch. however, I am getting

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.bcsbc.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=element&layout=edit. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

When I try to add a new element. (on a list I just created).

One thing I didn't do during the uninstall/reinstall was to drop the j17_fabrik tables. I didn't check to see if they were dropped or not.

I'm going to retry the uninstall and reinstall but drop the fabrik tables this time and see fi I get any response in the meantime.

Looks like this ***MIGHT*** be working now (holding breath)...

I did what I mentioned above.. namely uninstall and then make sure I dropped any remaining j17_fabrik tables. That ***Seems*** to have eliminated the error I mentioned above. Now for 15 minutes of shuteye and then a marathon of rebuilding a dozen forms or so.

Does anyone know if I can link to the tables from my previous fabrik installation. I don't care as much about the data that is there but more about the possibility that could allow me to create the forms more quickly since the elements would be there.

thanks

chris

Sorry, I didn't see this till just now.

If you want to find me on Skype (cheesegrits), I'll see what I can do to help.

-- hugh

There is another issue. If I call a form from the menu (ie our request a brochure form) it will submit. However, if I call the form with the fabrik content, then it does not submit. You can see it at

http://www.bcsbc.com/request-a-brochure.html <- the menu calls the fabrik form directly and the submission works.

Look for the three dots on the top menu . . . that is the menu item that calls the article with the content form embedded (http://www.bcsbc.com/2013-01-11-16-17-07.html)

That will just go into "Loading" and does not send an email or enter data into the database.

I did increase the memory to 64m in the php.ini
Fabrik content plugin is enabled.
Data from the form from the menu calling the form directly is getting into the database and being emailed OK.
joomla 2.5

I did bump the memory limit to 64m and that didn't affect things.

max_input_nesting_level 64 64
max_input_time 60 60
memory_limit 64M 64M
open_basedir no value

thanks
chris

I'm still trying to figure out if I can use the packages I created to re-create the forms and lists. I can't seem to find anything in the documentations to point me in the right direction.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or direction.

thanks

chris

Just to recap - I'm dealing with 2 issues

1. The packages I exported don't seem to create the forms or lists when I install them. I need to know if what I have will work or if I need to just go and manually recreate the forms and the lists.
2. It seems that the forms will work when called as a form from the menu. When I try to call an article with the fabrik content calling a form, list or both

Getting really frustrated. Updating Content-Fabrik just broke all forms.

HELP GUYS...

A couple of days ago, I started having problems with one of my sites. The site has about a dozen forms and they all went screwey.

I tried everything and could not get it working. I need to get these forms working last week.

In desperation I tried building packages of the forms and then deleting all of the fabrik content and tables. That didn't go as planned as I have yet to be able to figure out how to get the forms back from the packages.

So, I started rebuilding the forms from the databases. Essentially rebuilding each list and form.. I got about one third of the way through and found that the forms were not working when called from an article (I had another post on this). I saw that there was a fabrik update in the update manager. I ran that update. NOW NONE OF THE FORMS ARE WORKING.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning with my client and they are going to be justifiably pissed.

I just got the latest github and am uploading that in the hope that it will fix the issue.

I'm getting desperate here folks. I have about 20 hours of my time into this (Time that I won't /can't bill the client for).

I'm not sure what is going on but something is definitely busted. Can someone on the team please take a look at it and see if you can get me back on track.

Running joomla 2.5.8

Latest github from about 4 days ago. All of the sql files seem to work.

Problems.

1. After the update none of the forms are working. (Not sure about the github rewrite. Last time that completely broke my site)
2. None of the forms seem to work inside an article even though the fabrik-content module is there and activated.

site - bcsbc.com

thanks

chris

sorry to hear you are having issues.

Look for the three dots on the top menu . . . that is the menu item that calls the article with the content form embedded (http://www.bcsbc.com/2013-01-11-16-17-07.html)

That will just go into "Loading" and does not send an email or enter data into the database.
I tried and the server returned an error - somethiing else intstalled on your site (a sytem plugin perhaps?) is complaining about the form submission stating that it might be a hack

400 - It has been detected a sequence that could mean a hacker attack. Your request can not be processed.

Someone suggested here
http://www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-...eck-component-causes-error-with-hikashop.html
that its to do with a SecurityCheck (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-security/site-monitoring/19451)

Rob -

Thanks - disabled security check and the forms seem to be working. Securitycheck was playing nice a week or so ago. One of the updates must have whacked things.

I'm still a bit leery about loading the latest from github. I'll try that when I know I have time to go back to an old snapshot.

The problem I have now is that I need to run securitycheck or something similar. If I don't the script kiddies bombard the server playing 'guess the admin password'. I think there might be something I can set in securitycheck to make it play nice with fabrik. If not, I'll try a commercial extension to replace security check although the field is limited as far as players.

thanks

chris

I'm still a bit leery about loading the latest from github . I'll try that when I know I have time to go back to an old snapshot.

Maybe consider a test server?

If not, I'll try a commercial extension to replace security check although the field is limited as far as players.

Have a look at admin tools, the same people that create akeeba. They have a few settings you can change to protect the admin id, even with the free version.

You can also setup a pasword for the /administrator directory, thereby you need a pasword before you can even get to the Joomla admin.

Just to echo what felixkat said, you should definitely consider a sandbox. using either Akeeba to clone your site, or if you have a 'cloud' based host, cloning the entire virtual server.

If you do much Fabrik work, it's fairly essential to have a sandbox you can test in, which is as close to your production environment as possible.

-- hugh

Cheesegrits - I think I'll have to do that. We are on shared hosting for that site but there should be more than enough disk space.

Even so, it seems like I'm running into a lot of crazy problems over the last 3 weeks or so. I just posted another issue about 'your form is not completely filled in".

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back