Best practice for two types of users

SteveRL

I'm looking to create 2 (or more) identities, namely students and teachers. I would like to retain the possibility for each type of identity to login to the J! site. The problem is each identity has totally different elements (and lots of them):

student elements = username, pass, email, a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n
teacher elements = username pass, email, o, p, q, r

What is the best practice for accomplishing this between Joomla/Fabrik?

Not sure what you mean by "each identity has totally different elements".

Are you using different signup / user creation forms, and assigning the to different J! groups in the juser plugin?

-- hugh

I'm in the planning phase still.
I just meant students will have 50 elements unique to students, and teachers will have 50 elements unique to teachers. For sure I will need to assign different J! groups based on student or teacher.
I haven't explored the juser plugin, and I dont have any user creation forms yet. Will juser plugin help me assign student elements to students, and teacher elements to teachers?

Unless you have an overriding need to have students and teachers in the same table, I would create two tables (students and staff), and put a juser plugin on both for creating the J! user and assigning the usergroups.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back