Bizarre List Formatting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbunyan

Client site has a number of lists and views which all work ok. On one particular list, in both front and back end, one column of data is shown as a Concatenated string across the top of the table, above the add/filter/export buttons. This happens with different templates, and in the View Data area on the back end.

Screenshot attached shows the error.snip1.JPG Any suggestions as to how on earth this is happening much appreciated. For info. I have already tried creating a new table referencing the same underlying DB table and it produces the same symptoms so I guess it must be something to do with a field characteristic or something but it is driving me crazy... Thanks.

Do you have a link?

At a first guess: is it possible that there are there any html tags inside those strings?

Hi Troester, thanks for the Hint, I managed to solve it with the assistance of the inimitable Cheesegrits!

During testing for the calc element on the form, I 'temporarily' changed the return for an echo so I could see what was happening. Needless to say, having resolved the formatting, string parsing code etc. [several hours later...] this bumbling idiot left the echo in place. Naturally when loading up the table (sorry, LIST), all the data from the calc element was 'echoed' to the screen creating the output shown in the screenshot graphic. After working with Hugh, I have found a way of using the calc element to do the display on the form, and a plugin to prepare the data for the database, On Before Process.

Closing the issue and marking as pilot error...:oops:

Errrr... How do I close a thread in this new format... ? Don't appear to have a Close thread option in Thread Tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back