Bug in List.php?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickbunyan

When displaying the table data for a list it displays the error shown in the attachement, suggesting there is something wrong in list.php.

THis error occurs in the front and back ends, and is not resolved by updating to the latest github as at 19th December.

It does not appear to be 'fatal' but obviously does not look very clever in the front end for the client...

Please advise.

Attachments

• ErrorCapture.JPG
    ErrorCapture.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 155
It's only a notice/warning so it should vanish by setting Joomla error reporting to simple (which doesn't solve the underlying issue but looks better)

Those line numbers don't jive with the current github code.

If you can update, and give me the new line numbers, I'll fix it.

But as Troester says, you can squash those messages for now by setting the error reporting level down a bit. Obviously the real solution is for me to fix those warnings (which I think are where we build the group titles, although hard to be sure until you update), but you can at least get rid of the ugly warnings.

-- hugh

troester, if I didn't know better I would suspect you of cynicism...

Hugh. I updated on Tuesday before reporting but I will update again and report back.

OK. This is getting frustrating...

Updated to the latest version from github and the problem has apparently 'gone away' in between the Wednesday version and the Friday version.

Both updates done by downloading the whole shebang onto local 'nix box then ftp everything with overwrite turned on to destination site.

No point in leaving this open. I will close and re-address if it resurfaces.

Thanks Troester/Hugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back