Bug in list pre-filter or just me missing something?

porlhews

Hi there,

I have a fabrik list view which presents information entered via a form view. That all works fine.

I would like to pre-filter my list. In my fabrikar list, all users entries are assigned to a 'group' when they complete the fabrikar form.

I use Community Builder and have all of my users allocated to groups under an element 'cb_group'. I would like a user to be able to view all the table entries associated with their group; including the entries of other users within their group.

In my list, I have entered the following into a pre-filter:

WHERE: group
CONDITION: Equals
VALUE: SELECT cb_group FROM jos_comprofiler WHERE id = {$my->id}
TYPE: Query

At the moment, I'd developing this as superadmin, so I've left the 'Apply to' field as 'special'.

This works fine, however when I change the group a user belongs to, this is not reflected in the fabrikar list. The weird thing is that if I go into any element in fabrikar and save it (even if I make no changes, just save it), then the fabrikar list is updated and reflects the current status of the users and their respective groups.

Any help would be most appreciated, I've been labouring on this one for a couple of weeks now; I'm convinced I must have missed something obvious!

Thanks in advance and thanks for an amazing piece of software!

Kind regards,

Paul Hughes

Joomla! 2.5.16
php 5.4.21
fabrikar 3.0.9.1
Community Builder 1.9.1

Sounds like a caching issue. We cache query results, and if you have executed the exact same query before, you get the cached results. We clear the cache when you do anything through Fabrik to change the list data, or any of the list / element settings. So submitting a form, or editing element settings, will clear the cache.

But if you are making changes that would affect the filter results which Fabrik doesn't now about - like changing a users group - we won't clear the cache.

You can turn off caching on a per-list basis, under the Advanced settings.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back