Bug: juser plugin values being reset after update

aijosh

Hello,

I was going to post my support requests in batches after the previous batch had been solved according to my preferred priority of batches (cos I didn't want to overload the forum) but since the last batch seems to be taking forever I'll have to post this batch.

I noticed this and its has happened at least twice.

When I install the latest updates to fabrik I find that all the juser plugin values gets reset from the elements I have mapped them to and I have to go change them back.

I don't think the update is the reason, I can't replicate and nobody else reported something like this.

In one of your other threads you say you have deleted list joins and recreated them again.

Deleting a list join will delete the joined group and the elements.
If you recreate the join it's not "recreating" but creating a new one which will create a new group and new elements (with the same names as before, but these are "new" elements with different element ids).
If you have used the old (deleted) elements in e.g jUser plugin or cascading dropdown or somewhere else they are gone, you must edit and link to the new elements.

Which plugins?
I update all plugins at the same time. I select all and click update

Which version before the update?
I didn't take note of this.

Which Joomla version?
I also didn't take note of this.

As I said its happened at least twice. The last one was not too long ago. I would have posted the issue at the time but didn't have a subscription and assumed the community forum wouldn't be actively monitored.

In any case, I updated and noticed I started having issues with the registration. I started troubleshooting and found that the mappings were already reset for the juser plugin.

I'm sure I'd updated Joomla or/and Fabrik once or twice after the last occurrence.

Just said to add it here as it is a reoccurring issue.

If you have used the old (deleted) elements in e.g jUser plugin or cascading dropdown or somewhere else they are gone, you must edit and link to the new elements.
I dont use joined elements for core elements of the juser plugin

If you recreate the join it's not "recreating" but creating a new one which will create a new group and new elements (with the same names as before, but these are "new" elements with different element ids).
This is also one of the reasons why I dropped the whole idea of using joins on the table. It was proving to be a little too much of a hassle

The last Fabrik update was in February (3.8.1) so no idea how you get any Fabrik shown in the Joomla updater.

Ok.

February still falls under recent in this context though(as I was referring to update and not time). Maybe it was a Joomla update.

Lets see if I get the issue again. I'll open a thread if I do.

Thanks

Hello,

I was going to post my support requests in batches after the previous batch had been solved according to my preferred priority of batches (cos I didn't want to overload the forum) but since the last batch seems to be taking forever I'll have to post this batch.

While we'd love to be able to provide unlimited, all-you-can-eat support with an SLA for $20/month, it simply isn't possible. For "non trivial" multiple issues (ones that can't be solved right away) that require troubleshooting, they get dealt with one at a time, with a 3 working day turnaround - so yes, in Standard it can take a while if you have a lot of issues.

If you need faster support, you can switch to Pro (which gets you one day turnaround, usually same-day, and puts your issues ahead in the queue), and gives us a little latitude to juggle multiple issues. It also means I'm willing to set up a copy of your site here (from an Akeeba archive), which makes dealing with some issues a lot quicker - for example the element ACL issues you are reporting, which I'm still unable to replicate locally, so I can't fix.

Or if you need immediate fixes, you can pay an hourly rate, which moves your issues to the top of the pile, and I simply work on them till they are fixed.

-- hugh

I understand perfectly that's why I didn't post all at once (all the issues were actually listed out before I ordered support) but posted in order of priority. Was hoping they would be solved in that order but I see some of them get less love that was why I decided to dump my priority list.
Upgrading my support is what I plan to look into in the future cos I can already foresee a couple of hard to solve issues. Just have to solve these ones first so I can get to that point.
Thanks

OK. One of our biggest issues since day one with Fabrik support (so a decade or so) has been managing expectations. Not only do do subs have to cover the time spent providing support, they've got to cover the actual development costs and day to day overheads.

Note that I have been working on stuff related to your issues most days, a lot of it is just invisible. I've spent a lot of time trying to replicate those user ACL issues. But I'm at the point with those that the only way forward is going to be installing a copy of your site locally, and creating a PHP Storm project for it, so I can debug it properly, stepping through the code. Unfortunately, I really can't do that in Standard support, that's a Pro support thing.

-- hugh

BTW, re the issue in this thread. There's no way an update would reset the settings in a form plugin. And if it did, we'd be inundated with people reporting it.

Next time this happens, check your browser console for JS errors. That's the most likely cause for settings to disappear, if a JS error on page load of the form edit page short circuits the AJAX loading of the individual plugin settings.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back