Button Icons not displaying

Can you point me at your site that uses it, and an example list page. I need to see what icon set it uses.

By default, we use the icon set that ships with J! (ico-moon, kinda standard for bootstrap 2), but we have overrides to allow for Font Awesome (pretty much standard for bootstrap 3), and an example of a custom icon override to allow for small variations (changing specific icon names, like 'delete' to 'remove' or whatever). If you template doesn't use either of the sets we support, you'll need to create an override by hand, using the generic_icons example we provide.

Look at the fabrik-icon.php in either the bs3 or generic icons override sets here:

https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

-- hugh

PM SENT

It looks like this template uses font awesome as well as retina icons.

Where would I upload the files from the git link you provided and which files? I was guessing the bootstrap3 folder. And copy them to my templates bootstrap3 folder?

Last edited:
I can't load that page ...

xxxx.xxx is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

Which files you need depends what framework it uses, and I can't tell that without looking at your page.

-- hugh

I updated from github last night and something went horribly wrong. My hosting provider is working to fix the problem. I will let you know when the site is back up.

OK, yeah, doesn't seem to be any flavor of bootstrap, so just use the genric icons one, copy the fabrik-icon.php from that folder the the layout override folder in your template ... ./templates/jsn_escape_pro/html/layouts/com_fabrik.

Then edit that file as necessary, to map the icon names we use to the ones your template uses. I think the example of mapping 'delete' to 'remove' is on e of the ones you actually need. Follow instructions in the code to add more mappings as needed.

-- hugh

Not sure but the problem may have been that the Html folder did not have a layout folder in it and no com_fabrik folder

Not trying to be rude, but did you read the README at:

https://github.com/Fabrik/Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts

... which says (twice) "If this folder doesn't exist please create it".

Your template vendor obviously doesn't know what extensions you have installed and may want to create layout overrides for. So the layouts folder is only going to exist if your template actually ships with overrides for specific extensions.

The location of the layout override folder is defined by Joomla. When creating a JLayout (like a mini template) for a given extension, the J! API will first look in the template location (if it exists), then in the main J! layout location. Fabrik also adds some locations of our own.

Is there a way to update the icons to a better icon set????

The icons used are entirely down to the template. This is why icons are a pain. Joomla ships with a set called "IcoMoon" in the reference Bootstrap 2 template (protostar). Most BS3 templates use "Font Awesome". So those are the two sets we officially support. J! extensions have no way of knowing what icon set a given template will provide. And they all use different names for icons. So a delete button might be icon-remove, icon-minus, icon-delete, fa-minus, fa-remove, etc etc.

All we can do is provide those overrides, to map the icon names we use to the ones your template uses.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back