calc element and javascript "change" trigger...

mudshark79

Hello Everybody,

I want to show/hide an element based on the result of an ajaxified calc element wich works fine with the GUI Javascript functionality triggered by "load" and even "mouseover" after being ajaxified in dependence of an bithday/date element (wich is pointless of course :D) but doesn't work for "change" ...

After some testing I really was in doubt if the "change" method can be used on a calc element at all but his post comes to the conclusion that this should work or should have worked in fabrik 2.x:

JS "show" action based on a calc element result not working

Can anybody confirm this "bug"? I'm on 3.0.6 616...

thanks and greetings from Leipzig

sorry, i didn't see your post until recently.....

however i didn't find a solution to that specific problem and also while going on in the further development (of one mini and on quit serious-sized-intranet-application) i only suceeded while minimizing the use of javascript as a constant source of problems at all.

This means things like mentioned above but also some other "standard features" of fabrik like front-end adding via ajax-popups or extensive use of repeating groups of db-joins..... i only got some stable results when leaving this out where possible.

I definitely never went deep enough into the whole javascript-inbrowser-debugging practise to suceed in identifying bugs, maybe someone else cozuld easily identify the problems...

good luck,

Matthias

hi
Confirmed - it was a bug.
It should now work as of today's github code.

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back